My betta is aggressive at night... kinda

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Should I remove the tetras, they might not be in much danger.

• Nah, observe more.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It came up with buddhism hotline, but i under stand. Im returning the tetras today. I think they are nipping the bettas tail or he has fin rot. It happend in 2 days.

Good plan. When the Betta is back to being alone, don't worry about the nipped tail. Clean water and peace and quiet are the best treatment. A good water change. Provided the fin/tail is not bitten to or past the base, it should re-grow in time. But don't let the store talk you into some fungal treatment or similar.

Good plan. When the Betta is back to being alone, don't worry about the nipped tail. Clean water and peace and quiet are the best treatment. A good water change. Provided the fin/tail is not bitten to or past the base, it should re-grow in time. But don't let the store talk you into some fungal treatment or similar.
Yea, his tail (at the ends) turned black and have lil white parts, i think its tail rot from the stress. I just spent 20 for a treatment thing. I did a 20%waterchange and returned the tetras.

I just spent 20 for a treatment thing

With fin rot all you need is lots of clean water and a stress free fin nip free environment.

Agree with NickAu. The white/black is due to the nipping, not fungus. Many assume this is fungus and start dumping medications/chemicals, but it will most likely clear up on its own with water changes and less stress.

Agree with NickAu. The white/black is due to the nipping, not fungus. Many assume this is fungus and start dumping medications/chemicals, but it will most likely clear up on its own with water changes and less stress.
With fin rot all you need is lots of clean water and a stress free fin nip free environment.
Well f***, that sucks. I wish I would post a photo but cant from me tarded phone.

@J CZA

If you can borrow a PC go to a library or ask a friend, The damage to his fins could also be self inflicted, some Bettas bite their fins due to a bunch of reasons one being stress.

@J CZA

If you can borrow a PC go to a library or ask a friend, The damage to his fins could also be self inflicted, some Bettas bite their fins due to a bunch of reasons one being stress.
Yea, the fins don't look bitten or broke, there turning skinny (i think) and turning black and curled.

O9iVFP6

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back