My Betta Imbellis Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lloyd

Fish Addict
Reaction score
They live i a 64 litre tank thats moderatly planted and contains saome driftwood and rocks. In the tank are 5 Betta imbellis, 4 wild fish and 1 captive bread fish.
They live along side 7 glowlight danios, 2 Sewellia lineolata, and 6 kuhli loaches.

The tank temperature is normally 77degrees but i do lower it and raise it to replicate a wild habitat. My tap water is quite hard and using a 50 50 mix or ro and declorinated tap water i keep the ph at 7.3 to 7.5 with a kh of 4ppm. i do 1 roughly 40% to 50% percent water change every week.

I no some people may think y tank is slightly over stocked but i think it works well and have had to add extra fish (the danios) to help give the imbellis some confidence. the reason i have 1 captive bread fish is because the wild group i brought only contained 1 male and i wanted 2.

Iv tried to take a few pics but there not very good and do not show the males to there true beauty, it doesnt help the fact that both males are a bit washed out as i have just done a water change.

I find it strange how the females vary so much in size and colour and i have to say the wild male is much more colourful tan the tank bred 1.

It appears none of my pictures have appeared. i will try to sort them out

I cant add any photo's evry time a click on attach photo nothing happens

Use a web host such as photo bucket or imageshack then use the IMG code to post on here

You have to browse, attatch then add into the post if you're going to do it that way - did you skip browse? I've done that before :good:

Posting a picture here is easy. Load to photobucket, then copy the IMG code they give you. Come here and simply paste it in as if it were text. The end result looks like it is a picture here like this one of a harbor seal pup that I took while on vacation in Oregon a few years back.

HarborSeal800.jpg

They live i a 64 litre tank thats moderatly planted and contains saome driftwood and rocks. In the tank are 5 Betta imbellis, 4 wild fish and 1 captive bread fish.
They live along side 7 glowlight danios, 2 Sewellia lineolata, and 6 kuhli loaches.

The tank temperature is normally 77degrees but i do lower it and raise it to replicate a wild habitat. My tap water is quite hard and using a 50 50 mix or ro and declorinated tap water i keep the ph at 7.3 to 7.5 with a kh of 4ppm. i do 1 roughly 40% to 50% percent water change every week.

I no some people may think y tank is slightly over stocked but i think it works well and have had to add extra fish (the danios) to help give the imbellis some confidence. the reason i have 1 captive bread fish is because the wild group i brought only contained 1 male and i wanted 2.

Iv tried to take a few pics but there not very good and do not show the males to there true beauty, it doesnt help the fact that both males are a bit washed out as i have just done a water change.

I find it strange how the females vary so much in size and colour and i have to say the wild male is much more colourful tan the tank bred 1.

It appears none of my pictures have appeared. i will try to sort them out

Most reactions

Back