My Betta Fish,can I Put It With A Baby?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kaykayy

Reaction score
I just recently got a veiltail and a baby betta from Petco. I want to know if i can put the baby in with the adult betta? The adult is a little territorial..... and I dont know if the baby is a male or female. HELP!

Are you sure it's a baby Betta?

Anyways I would not recommend it at all, as Betta's are mean, especially to each other. Weather it's a male or female the baby should not be in the same tank as the adult, it will only end badly. If you put a divider in the tank (Assuming it's 5 gal or larger) than they could be kept in the same tank on different sides of the divider.

NO! the adult will most likely kill it male or female.

I had a female betta that burst her own stomach feeding on BN babies. If the baby is small enough to fit in the bettas mouth, it will eat it. If its too big for the bettas mouth, it will still try.

I got a divider and the adult still tries to fight with the baby so i put them in seprate tanks.i still need help on trying to determine wether my bay is a ale or female...

*male or female

I got a divider and the adult still tries to fight with the baby so i put them in seprate tanks.i still need help on trying to determine wether my bay is a ale or female...

*male or female

Pop up a picture and we'll see.

Well bad news my baby died :sad: but i still have the adult

Most reactions

Back