My apple snail

RobbieM

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Seems to keep dieing and coming back to life?

I had 2 of them and one morning one was floating around the tank, I placed it on top of the filter housing and it didnt move, so I disposed of it.

The one I still have done the same a couple of weeks ago, so again I placed it on top of the filter but on this occasion it moved off and sucked on to the side of the tank for about a week. It then seamed to come back to life and was perfectly happy again. Then....yet again it retiered to its shell and wouldnt come out. I left it for a few days and nothing. Presuming it was dead I went to remove it but thought I would give it one more chance on top of the filter. This morning I looked in the tank and it seems to have made a full recovery and is doin the normal snail thing.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Iam wonderig if the other snail wasnt dead after all?? :eek:

yeah...they do kind of hibernate...just because they're floating doesn't mean they're dead

now if he stinks something awful (I'm serious, not joking) then it's really dead

you should try applesnail.net (I think that's the website)...has good info

Snails use the minerals in your water to build onto their shells. I don't know much about the process, but from what I've read it seems they go into hibernation while doing this.

I imagine it is hard work collecting minerals from water! And then to build an addition to the house, wow, must be tiring! Snails are amazing little creatures. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back