My 385L Malawi Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cheers mate, they are all malawis except the sp44's. i was a bit worried about mixing them but they have mixed well although lately one of them has not been feeding as its much smaller than the others and has been picked on

Sorry to hear that I hope he perks up soon... I was hoping to get a SP44 as a centre piece fish once I have my stock. I just love the colour on that fish.

Sorry to hear that I hope he perks up soon... I was hoping to get a SP44 as a centre piece fish once I have my stock. I just love the colour on that fish.
my dominant sp44 is beautiful, when he gets excited or gets chased he lights up like someone pressing a light switch, i moved the bullied one into a 120l tank with just 2 sailfin pleco and its very happy and feeding well, think im going to grow it a bit in the small tank and then re introduce it once a good size

gutted.... mrs switched on the light last night in our room where the 120l tank is with 2 plecs. he went crazy and started floating at the surface upside down. he lasted about 30 mins and died. i had changed the water about 2 hours before but used a bucket instead of the hose i use for the 385l tank. i temperature matched the water and dechloranated it. im not sure if he was feeding properly or not, the water parameters are spot on. the only thing i can think of is he came from a soft water area and my water is very hard

Sorry to hear that mate, maybe just one of those things, is the other one still ok?

yeh the other one is totaly fine. im setting up my 120l to a small mbuna tank and you will pleased to know it will be 6-8 of a certain fish you have :hey:

Thought I'd pop back to this thread and see how the tank is getting on. Wow man, it looks fantastic stocked - love the fish, you got some real beauties there and they look a good size too. The colours really pop against the black scape - Good job :)

Thought I'd pop back to this thread and see how the tank is getting on. Wow man, it looks fantastic stocked - love the fish, you got some real beauties there and they look a good size too. The colours really pop against the black scape - Good job :)
cheers mate, its realy hard to get a good photo, i have a phone camera and no proper digital camera. and when i start taking a photo they seem to know and dart about all over the place.
they seem to be settling in well, when i open the sliders to feed the fish they swim right up to the water surface and wait for me lol

i realy suck with my camersa but here are a few photos, its only my firefish and my malauna that will stay still lol im still struggeling to id some of the fish as some have not coloured yet
21022012526.jpg

21022012527.jpg

20012012503.jpg

20012012506.jpg

21022012525.jpg

Most reactions

Back