My 385L Malawi Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hopefully get these in the tank mid january, i love most of the aulonocara cichlids, might need a few less peacocks and a few more mbuna?
Aulonocara malauna
Aulonocara usisya
Aulonocara Firefish
Aulonocara Sunset
Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi Eureka
Cynotilapia afra Jalo Reef

Nice looking tank mate and all male show tank with haps/peacocks will look brilliant in that tank.

my dominant male sp44 is realy amazing to watch, when he is swimming round the tank after the other fish his colours change in seconds, he goes realy strong yellow with very sharp black lines, looks stunning. need to get some more fish, love just watching them swim around and dashing in and out rocks

I am so jealous, still waiting for the bloody thing to cycle!

I am so jealous, still waiting for the bloody thing to cycle!
its worth it in the end mate, feels like it takes months but some people have managed it in like 20 days using a bit of cycled media, i did it in about 27 i think without, just kept the temperature high to help promote bacteria growth and got as much surface aeriation as i could to help with oxygen levels with the increased heat

fish coming in 5 days :)
auloncara malauna f1 x 4
auloncara usisiya f1 x 4
auloncara firefish ice x 4
auloncara sunset x 4
auloncara jacob aureka colour x 4
mpanga x 4 £24
Nudumbi red tops x4
otopharynx lithobates 1 pair
all ordered from tonys- realy nice guy and realy knows his stuff

auloncara malauna f1 x 4
auloncara usisiya f1 x 4
auloncara sunset x 4
mpanga x 4 £24
Nudumbi red tops x4

Couldn't wait till January mate?? :fun:

Going to look awesome don't forget the pics :)

auloncara malauna f1 x 4
auloncara usisiya f1 x 4
auloncara sunset x 4
mpanga x 4 £24
Nudumbi red tops x4

Couldn't wait till January mate?? :fun:

Going to look awesome don't forget the pics :)

couldnt wait any longer :) cant wait until they come, the fish i have now are coming on realy well and will be nice to see the tank stocked with lots of different colours. and i will get plenty of pics .
p.s merry christmas

got a nice surprise from my parents last night, they handed me a bag which had a gold nugget pleco. it has beautiful markings and looks great in the tank. have ordered some bogwood for it as they like to eat the wood and shelter under it. only another 2 days until the malawis come. will get pics up soon

i didnt think he would post in this weather did he post no problem i livbe in n ireland

got a nice surprise from my parents last night, they handed me a bag which had a gold nugget pleco. it has beautiful markings and looks great in the tank. have ordered some bogwood for it as they like to eat the wood and shelter under it. only another 2 days until the malawis come. will get pics up soon

Merry Christmas to you to mate hope you had a good day.

looking forward to seeing the fish and congrats on the pleco, just make sre the wood doesn't lower the PH to much :)

Merry Christmas to you to mate hope you had a good day.

looking forward to seeing the fish and congrats on the pleco, just make sre the wood doesn't lower the PH to much :)

its only a small piece so i hope it doesnt lower it or i will have to rethink a plan, only 1 day now until fish :)

i didnt think he would post in this weather did he post no problem i livbe in n ireland
its too cold to courier just now so he is kindly driving them to a relatives house and they are bringing them to me

fish are now in the tank :) they look amazing. one fish seemed stressed and kept lying on its side last night, i thought i would wake this morning to find it dead but its still swimming around quite happily for now. unfortunatly 2 of my yellow labs died, i think they were stressed from the much bigger fish in the tank, they kept hiding and were breathing very fast. also my gold nugget plec didnt make it, i think this is down to him not feeding. so overall im abit sad about my losses but the new fish are fantastic, just need to hope my other 2 yellow labs make it and possibly breed as i think they are 1male 1 female

hey folks, sorry about the lack of photos, couldnt get my phone to connect to the computer, managed to get it to work today so here are a couple of photos. had to move some rocks around after my malauna got stuck
11012012500.jpg

11012012499.jpg

also when i lost my 2 labs the mrs was convinced that there was not enough oxygen in the tank and thats why they died. so to keep her quiet i fitted an air stone in the tank, doesnt look natural but i dont mind it
also bought another tank, got a 120l tank, this is getting addictive

Tank looks amazing :good:, you have a very mixed selection of fish... Have seen a fair few tanks now that have mbuna and vics mixed together.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back