My 20g long

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

joeyr188

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, Iā€™m making this journal for my 20gal long I will be putting photos and videos of the tank on this thread along what I do with it, Iā€™m currently cycling it i plan on adding substrate to it today and then I plan on planting the tank with different types of moss,guppy grass,Anubias,hornwort,different floaters like red rooters and salinvia. I also plan on stocking the tank with a certain strain of guppy or Endler as I plan on breeding for profit I also plan on stocking it with Crystal shrimp, 2 long fin bn Pleco, and snails.

130AC975-BA8A-4634-B021-B346E3721FEF.jpeg

Hello,
Today I rinsed and added the substrate but it looks like this 5 hours later šŸ˜‚ I didnā€™t realize play sand was this messy but Iā€™m going to let it clear up then I flat the sand out I plan on getting plants for it in the next week or so.

View attachment 310355
Hello,
Today I rinsed and added the substrate but it looks like this 5 hours later šŸ˜‚ I didnā€™t realize play sand was this messy but Iā€™m going to let it clear up then I flat the sand out I plan on getting plants for it in the next week or so.
I did half of my tank cause I was planting new plants and it looked like this. I changed out 50% of the water and after about 4 to 6 hours it was clear again.

Those are just the finer sand particles that need to fall to the ground

I did half of my tank cause I was planting new plants and it looked like this. I changed out 50% of the water and after about 4 to 6 hours it was clear again.

Those are just the finer sand particles that need to fall to the ground
I would change my water but Iā€™m currently cycling so I donā€™t want to mess with the cycle but if I wasnā€™t I would do what you had done šŸ‘

If you are only cycling with no fish just leave it.. it should settle overnight

Today I added guppy grass and the sand settled almost all the way I think a couple more days I have a heater coming for it soon some Anubia nana, and 3 Pleco caves Also arriving soon.

Most reactions

Back