My 200L Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Just wondering where you got your power-head from and whether you would recommend it. My water circulation seems to be struggling a bit and could do with a boost.

I got it from Aquaessentials as I was getting some other stuff from there and wanted to go over £50 for free delivery. You could probably find it cheaper elsewhere. It works well, I just needed to experiment a bit with placement for effectiveness.

you really have done a great job with this tank. I bet it's great to sit and watch at night. Great colours on the Tetras!

BTW when you trim that moss, give me a shout. ;)

you really have done a great job with this tank. I bet it's great to sit and watch at night. Great colours on the Tetras!

BTW when you trim that moss, give me a shout. ;)

Cheers Ian, it certainly is. I'm planning on trimming the moss soon but it's going in my other tank. I'll have some spare for you eventually though, no probs.

Some changes this weekend - the two red hybrid rainbows are off. The bigger one is irritating all the others with constant chasing and the smaller one I imagine will end up being the same. Anyway, they're being collected on Sunday.

I'd just like to say that your planted aquarium looks marvelous. You must have done a lot research to keep the majority of your plants in excellent condition.

May I ask what sort of T8 fluorescent tubes you have installed? Are they high out or normal output? Would be nice to know what each of their colour temperatures are.

IF they are HO, how are you managing to get away with dosing no fertiliser and providing no c02?

Mark.

I'd just like to say that your planted aquarium looks marvelous. You must have done a lot research to keep the majority of your plants in excellent condition.

May I ask what sort of T8 fluorescent tubes you have installed? Are they high out or normal output? Would be nice to know what each of their colour temperatures are.

IF they are HO, how are you managing to get away with dosing no fertiliser and providing no c02?

Mark.

Cheers Mark. It's more trial and error than research, I've binned A LOT of plants :lol: But yeah, a lot of reading too. I've read lots of planted journals on here and been inspired by so many.

My tubes are what came with the tank, I've never changed them. They are the Hagen Powerglo and Aquaglo t8's which I believe are both 18K. I think the key for me was to just find the plants that worked in my set-up and then stick to them.

23rd March 2011

Went a bit mad with scissors tonight :crazy:

It needed a trim though...

img0510mi.jpg

img0513sn.jpg

Not much else to report plant wise. Fish wise, the two hybrid rainbows are gone and the Angel is currently in a hospital set-up (thread in emergency section). I'll get some better pics at weekend.

Lookin' good! Love the rainbows, very colourful. I like hygrophila difformis but my god does it grow fast! I eventually took it out of my tank cos I was tired of cutting it to bits hah.

Lookin' good! Love the rainbows, very colourful. I like hygrophila difformis but my god does it grow fast! I eventually took it out of my tank cos I was tired of cutting it to bits hah.

Cheers, I know exactly what you mean about the hygro, ridiculously fast growth. You've really got to keep on top of the trimming. I really like the look of it though so going to stick with it for the timebeing.

Great tank James! In the beginning you said no ferts and later on I read that you dosed Excel. What is your fert regime at the moment?

Thanks Biulu! I only dosed the Excel for it's algaecide properties when I was battling the BBA. No fertz now apart from the Aquabasis substrate and fish waste.

Where did you get your hygro difformis? I really like the look of it but cant seem to find it anywhere :(

Where did you get your hygro difformis? I really like the look of it but cant seem to find it anywhere :(

Ahem... Pets at Home. They always seem to have it in there as well as most LFS's I go to. I thought it was commonly available? I personally think P@H can be decent for plants if you know what you're looking for.

it's 6 months to a year. You then supposed to get the JBL 7 + 13 Root Fertiliser Balls, this then adds back to the aquabasis.

Most reactions

trending

Back