Moving My Tank

Altector

New Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi guys,

Need a bit of advice, I'm moving my 55gallon tank to another room as we're replacing a carpet where it is at the moment.

I have 5 discus and 6 cory in the tank, is it just a case of bag fish up> Empty Tank > move tank> Refil tank> unbag fish?

Is it a good time to do a waterchange? My waterchanges are normally 50% once a week, or are the fish going to be too stressed out etc?? (I have the means to move all the water, so it's not a problem to do that)

I just don't want to kill my fish basically, so what's the best way to go about it?

Thanks
Stu
 
Empty everything out of the tank, you do not want any water or substrate in the tank when moving it.

Bag the fish just like your LFS does.

Yes, your fish will be a little stressed out, but it is just like when you buy them from your LFS, so dont be worried about that.

-FHM
 
make sure you acclimatize again

yeah, I wondered about this also, The bagged fish will be floating in the water between the move anyway.

But I'd probably have acclimatized them anyway,.

Thanks for taking time to reply guys.

Stu
 
woo, no casualties!

Tank move couldn't have went any smoother.

Thanks for the advice folks!

Stu
 

Most reactions

Back
Top