Moving Home Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

New Boy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm moving home shortly and my plan is to house my fish in my sisters tank the weekend before we move (moving her fish into a smaller tank as she is only partially stocked) but we then have the decorators in immediately after moving so the fish will be in her tank for two weeks before moving back......my problem is that my tank is a 2 metre rena superlife (600 ltrs) and my sister only has a Juwel Trigon 190 (190 ltrs).....the fish are - 4 x 6" blood parrots (not dyed), 6 x full grown congo tetras, 7 x full grown rainbowfish, 4 x bristlenose (one full grown) and one x leopard frog pleco.....I'm concerned that they won't be ok in my sisters tank - can anyone confirm either way if I'd be putting the fish at risk or not? Unfortunately my sisters house is far enough away that I wouldn't be able to do any mid-week water changes and would only be able to do the one water change in the middle weekend.

Cheers

i was researching on doing the same thing and imo they will be OK in there but youll need to do maybe 2 75% water changes a week, it would also help to only feed them once a week, they can go without food for 2 but it's less cruel to just feed them in between weeks to lower amount of waste produced.

with that you should be fine, and put your tank filter on as well to over filter the tank

You should expect a death or two in the new water. It is ideal to just save some of the water from the old tank for transporting the fish as a final item at the end of the move. When I noticed a crack in my tank, I had to take all my fish out to be put in a plastic bucket with a small aerator. I saved roughly half the water from the old aquarium. Its entirely up to you but I didnt experience a single death during this process. It seems like you want to move your fish through an extra step by storing them then transferring them. The less moving the fish around the better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back