Moving from internal filter to external filter

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The internal filter has been runing for a good while? If that's the case, as another poster said, try to run both filters for a month or so to help get the 107 up and running. What media in the internal can you transfer to the 107.

I'm curious what sort of substrate are you getting? Some information on your new plants and lighting would be great too.?
Yes I've been using this particular internal filter for a few year now. I was thinking about placing the sponge media in the 107? I might have to change my planned layout if I run both filters.
For substrate, I'm going to use a base layer of jbl aquabasis plus topped with jbl manado.
I'm planting with eleocharis parvula, Monte Carlo, echinodorus red senna, eleocharis vivipara, vallisneria nana, pogostemon halferi.
I'll be using 60cm NICREW planted LED aquarium light

Yes I've been using this particular internal filter for a few year now. I was thinking about placing the sponge media in the 107? I might have to change my planned layout if I run both filters.
For substrate, I'm going to use a base layer of jbl aquabasis plus topped with jbl manado.
I'm planting with eleocharis parvula, Monte Carlo, echinodorus red senna, eleocharis vivipara, vallisneria nana, pogostemon halferi.
I'll be using 60cm NICREW planted LED aquarium light

As long as the media is compatible you'll be fine swapping it into your 107. Be patient, test regularly during the process and things will work out great. If things happen to go south be prepared for water changes. The more I learn about aquarium planting the more complex it seems.

This is a great day for filtration in my house. A new filter I put in-line about 8 weeks ago is now fully active biologically. There's no hint of bacterial bloom and all parameter's are dark green. I sincerely hope that things are going as well for you guys.

Most reactions

Back