Moving Fish From One Tank To Another?

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
I picked up a new tank last night (yes I know, i'm very bad) for my DP's, as their tank seemed huge for just the two of them & this smaller one can sit on my desk.

If I moved everything over today, including their filter, would the bacteria be ok? I could add their current water as well to save too much stress.
 
Will be fine, no need to add water as well, so long as the temp is the same and the ph. Bacteria wouldnt die back that quickly,unless left for a few hours out of tank water.
 
As long as the water has been dechlorinated. If all the water is fresh and not dechlorinated then there is the potential for the chlorine to knock out the bacteria.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top