Most popular fish species/subspecies/colors?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

black_cat

Reaction score
Hi! I"m new to the forum, so I apologize if this thread isn't in the right place. I run a teespring store where I draw different common pet breeds/types. I've been wanting to add fish but I'm not sure how to. I know bettas are popular but I haven't really had success finding standardized colors- are those even a thing? What other fish should I do? What colors are most common on said fish? What subspecies?
Thank you for your help!

The most commonly sold
- tetras: neon teras, cardinal tetras, rummy-nose tetras, ember tetras sliver tip tetras
- live bearers- guppies, plaites, mollies, swordtails (a ton of different coluor)
- barbs- tiger, red cherry
- shrimp and snails- red cherry, amano, narite and mystery snails
- plecos- bristelnose pleco
- corydoras - bronze, albino, salt and pepper
- angelfish
- khuli loaches
- betta fish both male and female
-danios
-gold fish

These are some fish that are found in almost every fish store and are widely available. If you keep any of these they will most defiantly sell. The good thing is that many of these fish can go into the same tank and some don't need very big tanks. Be sure to do research on every fish spices you decide to buy

The most commonly sold
- tetras: neon teras, cardinal tetras, rummy-nose tetras, ember tetras sliver tip tetras
- live bearers- guppies, plaites, mollies, swordtails (a ton of different coluor)
- barbs- tiger, red cherry
- shrimp and snails- red cherry, amano, narite and mystery snails
- plecos- bristelnose pleco
- corydoras - bronze, albino, salt and pepper
- angelfish
- khuli loaches
- betta fish both male and female
-danios
-gold fish

These are some fish that are found in almost every fish store and are widely available. If you keep any of these they will most defiantly sell. The good thing is that many of these fish can go into the same tank and some don't need very big tanks. Be sure to do research on every fish spices you decide to buy
This is super helpful! Sorry, I wasn't really clear on what I was saying. I'm not trying to add fish to a real pet shop, just drawings of fish to my online shop. https://teespring.com/stores/the-critter-corner
This is super duper helpful! Thank you so much!

I know bettas are popular but I haven't really had success finding standardized colors- are those even a thing? What other fish should I do? What colors are most common on said fish? What subspecies?
Thank you for your help!

For your first question, no, there is not a standard color for bettas (in the wild, they are a dull greyish-green with short fins). They have been selectively breed for over 100 years.

I would pick the Betta, corydoras (they are cute) and freshwater Angelfish.

For your first question, no, there is not a standard color for bettas (in the wild, they are a dull greyish-green with short fins). They have been selectively breed for over 100 years.

Thank you! I know there are tail types for bettas? The most common are veiltail, halfmoon, and crowntail, right? Or am I completely off?

Agreed. Add varieties of goldfish and koi, and maybe Oscars as classic wetpets. But the betta will be a best seller, I think the red/ blue/ white colours.

I'll update you guys when fish designs are up. Thank you for the help!

Most reactions

trending

Back