Most expensive Catfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What is the most expensive catfish that you have ever see. Cause some that i have seen was rediculas way to expensive :no: :( :angry: :grr: :S

Not an expert on Plecs but have seen GoldSpot Plecs and Zebra Plecs around the £50-65 mark - guess that's around $35 - $55.

Does that give you a comparison?

if my memory serves me rite in 1955 a syno angelicus was $300.00 per specimen ( when they were first found in Stanley Pool (Zaire)which if i can find out roughly todays price would be ( no dea cant find any details, but i think a house would have have been 2000$ or so by today standards)

perhaps someone else knows

Merodontotus Tigrinus at Wharf last year... 7" long, cost £595 :blink:

Back in 1980 I bought a 4" Syno angelicus. It cost me $100.00. At the time tho I was building wood stands and cabinets for many aquarium shops to help support my hobby. One of the shops I made them for had the fish so I built two stands (valued at $50.00 ea) and traded them for the Syno.

End cost was about $45.00, but there was a few days worked involved as well.

I recently brought in a 10" L025 scarlet pleco in the last order for a customer. His end cost is $95.00.

I guess it depends on how bad one wants the fish as to say if the cost is to high!!!

I have also been known to spend hundreds of dollars per fish on a newly discovered species just so I could be one of the first in my area to breed it.

CM

I echo what Gibbo says a good size merodontus tigrinus can cost up to £1000 or more (such a shame as i would kill for one).

if my memory serves me rite in 1955 a syno angelicus was $300.00 per specimen ( when they were first found in Stanley Pool (Zaire)which if i can find out roughly todays price would be ( no dea cant find any details, but i think a house would have have been 2000$ or so by today standards)

Are you that old Cry :p :D ;) :lol:

lol 'old man cry :lol: ;) ;)

Tri-mar have a Red tailed catfish in, 30" long for £1,509 :hyper:

:lol: :lol: i was remembering form what i read sheesh i aint over the hill just yet! got an other 80 years for that lol!

Most reactions

Back