Most Disappointing Fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

same with me. i got livebearers thinking the fry n stuff would interest me. but i soon lost interest!

all they do is "mate" all day. my mollies used to chase each other round constantly trying to mate. :look:

I found some BN plecos I got to be the most boring skittish things. Piranhas I though were boring in shop tanks so can imagine their lack of character when you see them multiple times a day.

I had khulis too and didn't think much of them. Turns out they didn't think much of my tank either so it worked out in the end XD.

i prefer fast moving fish. i love my danios(im guna up the number to at least 15) and love my corys.

the livebearers dont really do anything but mate. my danios play in my spray bar lol

A betta that cooked itself to death, had to rescue it three times but it was too late :( Don't understand why it insisted on jamming itself behind the heater three times.

Suicidal Tendencies

I've been really disapointed with my cardinal tetras :( i think they are gorgeous but...well they move around like my husband in a grocery store; like they aren't really sure where they're going, constantly doubling back on themselves. I need a fish that swims with purpose!

It's ok, that only made sense in my head
huh.gif
:lol:

Most boring fish? Probably the Otocinclus. Too small & camoflaged to even count & make sure one didn't die or something. Finicky eaters too, they only really eat certain kinds of algae.........snobs.

Kuhlis are boring beyond belief. We only have one & I'm not getting him any friends since I never see him anyway. When he dies off I'm done with the Kuhlis.

Neons school well but are generally boring to watch.

My Bolivian Rams are cool to watch so I can't agree with those bashing the Rams.

I also like Platys best when there's only one of them in the tank, male or female.

Guppys are okay because they're constantly moving & buzzing around, like Corys for the top of the tank and the colors are outstanding even if they are manufactured.

my plecos are boring aswell. just suck the glass all day. one of them stays on the spray bar the other on the back glass.

but i expected them to be that way lol

my plecos are boring aswell. just suck the glass all day. one of them stays on the spray bar the other on the back glass.

but i expected them to be that way lol

The female Bristlenose I have in my 36 gallon has a great personality, she hears me open the tank lid & she comes to the front for an algae wafer or bottom feeder pellet. I have another small female in one of the 20 gallon tanks and she doesn't do that. I'm starting to train her though............

I have five Kuhlies in with the Betta and they love to swim the length of the tank, drape themselves over plants, lay around on the sand, but they don't particularly like bright lights! True, they often hide under things, but if I drop food in there they come out sifting the sand looking for it! :look:

Electric Catfish, most boring fish ever. Just sat behind the filter tube all the time (except when eating.) Finally brought him into the fish shop I was managing to try to sell him. I actually had to put a sign on the tank saying that he was not dead, but simply enjoyed staying in that position (after being asked a million times if he was dead.)

Lol, everyone's gonna disagree with me. I would never keep ANY cichlids, they just seem boring. Sure, they're pretty, but I don't know what the fuss is about. I LOVE livebearers though. My favorite is platies. My group of five even watches anime with me :blush:.

Ouch! big rent rise!!

You're into your african species then! I love the Debawi cats!! And that second tetra is gorgeous, never really looked into them before. Have seen all species on availability lists recently though so they could be knocking about. Shame you don't drive really, cant make your life easy at all!

Back to boring fish... Khuli Loach are boring... *waits for the beating im due* as you rarely see them and Banjo Catfish are amazingly boring! I had a Nandus nandus as well, leaf fish i think? Mr Nandy. I loved him to bits but dear god he was boring! lol

Edit: And of course Mats couldnt say no to a big brichardii lol :p though im still embarrassed about my mistake LOL i sold him his Beckfords Pencil fish that he's got breeding.
I'm not going to beat you, but I am going to say that it depends on the tank and the number of kuhlis :lol: I have 14 kuhlis and they get together and go nuts. Quite amusing to watch. Very active and always out to say hello!

I like my khuli babies as well. They are all over my tank and I see them all the time. I think lighting and planting is a major factor with them.

I never saw my single Khuli, when I raised the numbers to 5 I now see at least one or 2 at any given time of day. They have races from end to end lol. Lightning fast. They also form a group and hog the shrimp pellets, chasing away anyone who tries to butt in.

For me it was goldfish... I like the look of goldfish... I'm not even sure what the problem was, the pet shop I got them from? Maybe. But when I had goldfish I did nothing but fight disease to keep them alive. It was really discouraging. Since switching to tropical fish (guppies), I've only had one fish die of a disease out of dozens and dozens that I have kept for myself.

Mine has to be my Rubbernose plec. Cute little dude, but only ever see him when i clean the log he hides in !!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back