Mosquitos.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Great Lakes

Always do right, not popular...
Reaction score
Anybody know any tricks. Always have skeeters on my Peter.
everytime I let him out, even for a quicky. Is real red and inflamed quite often. Then when I put him back in, he is itchy and scratchy for a while.

Poor guy is gonna chew all the hair off his butt nibbling on the bites. We even got some of that high dollar doggy hydrocortisone spray, to no avail.

We have over here midges, which are smaller cousins of your mossies. They are especially prevalent in Scotland about this timeof year. Near water edges, the're just a buzzin'
We use a Tea tree based shampoo on the dogs coat and that wards them off a little while. Remember these little squirts were responsible for the creation of Jurassic park!! lol.
In all seriousness,nothing can get these blighters off your animal effectively. The smellier and warmer the site the more that will come. The only thing you may be able to do as a short term measure is to burn a few mossie repellent coils outside the doggie doo area before you let your dog out. This may deter them, or failing that an anti bug aerosol spray.
Good luck.

GL,
Not even gonna "TOUCH" this one m8

(skeeters on your peter) Hope "Peter" is your dogs name ;) ;)

Larry

you could always harvest the larva and feed that to your fish. It might do a little good. Try and get your dog to eat some garlic. Supposedly they don't like garlic (smell or taste). Other than that I don't have a clue. Rose

Garlic couldn't hurt. And my mutts name is snacks, but Peter worked well for the story... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Snacks is your dog I really don't wanna know who Peter is. lol. R

Set his coat on fire and let him out the door. they hate smoke. Or you could send him out with a cigar :laugh:

Sorry the missus has gone to bed so will ask whenever she comes around ;)

We have fed the larvae to our fish before, been a while since I've done it. I should go collecting. :)

Hey, GL

Along the lines of what Dragon was saying, Avon used to have a line of products called SSS.  Had a variety of suggested uses.  Think it was pine something or other.  (Little stinky)  We used to use it in our dog's bath for dry skin.  But it was also recommended as bug repellent.  Also good for shining cabinets, as I recall.  Anyway, just a thought.

Great Lakes,

Have you ever given Peter an antihistame for his itching.  You might want to consider Benadryl.   Not only will Benadryl help with itching but it would also help with swelling and redness.  Just a thought.  Contact your vet for a correct dosage.

Faye

Failing that run around like your butt is on fire. They preffer still air so you could always carry a fan about with you or invent some attatchment and make money. Don't know about mossies but it's the female midge that takes a bight out of you over hear. Being female if you fart a lot they should leave you alone but be warned some like that. lol

Benedryl!! Patti is going to be ashamed of herself for not thinking of that. My moms dog actually gets benedryl every day for some silly allergy he has.
Davy, Patti didn't think the lighting on fire bit was funny, but I did.. :laugh:

Oh, and Reg, it was/is called Skin So Soft. But he is a boy dog and said he won't use an avon product. :D

If he won't use Avon get him something else to use. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back