Monty's Bathtime

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SirMinion

Sexy Martha Fahaka
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
This is Montezuma, our one year old Yellow-nape Amazon Parrot. (Ochrocephala auropalliata)
All parrots need to wet their feathers regularly to keep them in top condition and tonight, after watching me slosh water around doing water changes on the fishtanks Monty decided that she wanted a bath and tried to climb into her waterbowl to get wet.

Obviously bathing in a small water bowl is not very efficient so we bought out the plant mister and got to work. Result: one soggy parrot.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And here she is, all dried out and posing for the camera.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Beautiful bird you have there. One of the things I like about birds is they always look like they are smiling. She has some amazing colours going on.

WOW that is one awazing looking parrot! How come when she's wet she looks orange and when she's dry she looks green though :huh: . i'm puzzled lol

anyway thats like my budgie. loves having a bath in summer when its really hot :D

Oh he (oops! "she") is adoooooorable :wub: and so cute when wet and displaying gorgeous colours !

(I want one :( ...... )

(I want one :( ...... )

Heh, well start saving now, Monty cost us £650 and that was a very good price as we got her directly from the breeder.

The Yellow-nape species is now endangered in the while, so monty has to have a CITES certificate, a passport and a microchip embeded in her breast muscle so they usually go for upwards of £900!

Mind you, £900 for a pet that could live for 80 years is still great value for money!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :D

Oh Crickey :crazy: I know parrots are expensive here in the UK (in South Africa they are cheap as chips ! :lol: - well a whole lot cheaper than here by far) so I'll start saving then. Hopefully by that time I'd have been able to convince the "other half", as he's having absolutely none of that idea at the moment :(

You sure do have a zoo there - which makes going on holiday rather tricky doesn't it ?

She's lovely!

My girlfriend has a red cheeked conure and he's great stuff (apart from when he's shouting or screeching)

I don't mean to hijack the thread but here's a photo (greatly inferior to yourse though ;))

DSCN0526.jpg

He always poos on me :X

Montezuma seems awesome though, does she talk at all? Her colours are brilliant.

If a mod moved this thread to household pets, Monty could be nominated for POTM. Does that sound ok to you, SirMinion?

z.

I will wait to nominate it till I hear from you SirM. I think that bird is awsome, How much would that bird cost american money??? I want me a afraican grey bird. I think I have my boyfriend talked in to buying me one..

Thanks Angel Lady.

African Greys tend to be a little less expensive generally, costing around £500 to £550 in the UK for a hand raised one from a breeder and as little as £300 for a wild caught bird (NEVER buy wild caught parrots, they'll never be a good pet)
In the States, they seem to be around the $800 to $1000 mark for a hand raised youngster.

I want to nominate the second picture I think that bird is awsome. It is so pretty SirM I have always want a parrot but never could manage to get one for some odd reason..

Does she talk at all?

She's still very young, but she's picked up a few things
  • Mornin'
  • Hello darlin'
  • Hello bird!
  • tickle tickle tickle
She also wolf-whistles, whistles a short tune, makes a phone ring noise, a comical honking noise and a kissing noise.

She's still very young, but she's picked up a few things
  • Mornin'
  • Hello darlin'
  • Hello bird!
  • tickle tickle tickle
She also wolf-whistles, whistles a short tune, makes a phone ring noise, a comical honking noise and a kissing noise.

That's so cute! I love birds, and yours is just gorgeous! I have another, somewhat silly, question... Does she have a British accent? :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back