Monsters Of Rock 2006

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Puffer_freak

Put the trombone down, *****!
Reaction score
:hyper: Well...*squeals* What can I say? Monsters of Rock was truly awesome. It's impossible to describe it properly without rambling on. So I'll describe it in the best way I can...

*screams incredibly loudly*

Yes. It was that good. :lol:

But anyway, I got some great pictures, because I'm the perfect height to go diving through the crowds - I'm small enough to slip through and be allowed, but big enough to stand my ground (my elbow skills are very good...sorry to anyone I may have inadvertantly elbowed :shifty: :lol: )

So, here are a couple of my favourites:

First off, it's Steve Morse! *squeals* He's immense on guitar. Simply brilliant. He was laughing at the people around me, and quite possibly me. Probably because I was standing next to a guy with a ginger afro who was headbanging. A sight I never thought I'd see. :fun: Oh, and for the uneducated who don't know, he's the guiarist form Deep Purple.

steeevveee.jpg

And now, Alice Cooper. With one of the most amazing stage shows you'll ever seen. Alice is obviously a superstar, as he can create an instant moshpit, just by throwing out stuff into the crowd. I nearly got trampled, but fortuantely a very nice tall person stepped in and saved me. :D

thecooper.jpg

Gorgeous snake... :wub:

At the moment, I can't be bothered to upload any others...*lazy* However, if there's any you'd particularly like to see, just tell me. The bands who were there (in order) were:

Roadstar (Fantastic, young band. I'm getting their album! :D Unfortuantely no good pictures of them)
Ted Nugent (I hated him. I shall now refer to his as "Ted Nugget". Good for taking pictures of though.)
Queensryche (I've got pictures of them, but they weren't that good.)
Thunder (Absoloutely awesome. And they told us that England had won 6-0. So a definate plus point. Lots of pictures)
Journey (Not all they're cracked up to be. But rubbish to be honest. Pictures available.)
Alice Cooper (Lots and lots of pictures! :D)
Deep Purple (Definately the best. Probably because I knew the words to all the songs (how sad am I?!). Many pictures of all band members availble).

Please note...all my pictures are available in print, without that awful copyright splashed across them. Please do not use the pictures without my expressed permission.

And now...I've rambled on enough...A very well done if you got this far...

*breathes*

;)

Very cool! B)

Your pics are excellent. :good:

"Ted Nugget" :lol:

I had a ticket to Monsters of Rock 1988 (I think that was the year) but my parents wouldn't let me go (long story). I missed Kingdom Come, Dokken, The Scorpions, Metallica, and Van Halen.

Alice Cooper does put on a great stage show. I saw him in the late '80s and GNR was his openning act.

I was jealous of my friend when she said she could go, and then my dad wanted to go and so did my sister...so...eventually I got to go! :D :p

There was some Americans there, I had to stand next to a scary lady waving a flag. :lol:

Thanks comet! Yes...Ted Nugget kind of ruined it because he felt the need to swear in every sentence.......:rolleyes:

Oooh...sounds like you missed a great show! Bet you were gutted!

Wow! Alice Cooper and GNR? Lucky you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back