Mondo Grass

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, you probably don't want to hear this, but mondo grass is not a true aquatic plant. It'll most likely die fairly soon.

Bol is definitely right.

Bol (not using pronoun because of unknown gender :p) told me the same thing before, and the info is true. I was given a link to an article too.

Anyways, mine are turning yellow and disintegrating. these plants definitely don't do well ion the tank, though they make excellent fodder for silver dollars. :D

I'm really getting tired of fish stores selling non-aquatic plants. I just spent another $15 this last weekend on plants, and none of them were true-aquatics. I've also had the mondo grass. I picked up some purple waffle and aluminum plants this last weekend, only to find out later they're not true aquatic plants. They're going to eventually die. Kind of disappointed because the purple waffle is really stunning in my tank. I just want some color in my tank besides green and the majority of colorful plants are not aquatic. Somebody needs to come out with a book of true aquarium plants. At least that way you can take it to the store with you and look it up on the spot. A book and a common naming system. Seems like every place you go to they call it something different.

But if you want a substitute for mondo grass, I've found this stuff called Japanese Fangrass, but I don't even know if it's even a true aquatic??? Seems to be doing fine for a couple of months now, but so did the Mondo. I can't even find this name anywhere on the net. Plants are very frustrating!!! :<

Yeah well I work at a LPS and we put that store which sold the Non-aquatic plants out of business after like a month or 2. It helped that everything they sold except fish was over priced. $40 for a submersible Acura heater!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back