MOLLY MALE HAS WHITE FLUFFY STUFF AROUND HIS EYES. VERY LETHARGIC.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Prime will destroy the biological booster. You need to use another dechlorinator for first 24 hours after using bio booster. I recommend Tetra Safe Start + as biological booster. I honestly can’t see any fungus on him. I would treat with daily water changes of 70% and 1 tablespoon of dissolved AQUARIUM salt for every 5 gallons of water. Do this for 10 days. Wait on booster until you finish doing water changes. OK to use the Prime until you add booster. Most issues can be remedied with large water changes and dissolved aquarium salt.

Last edited:
Prime will destroy the biological booster. You need to use another dechlorinator for first 24 hours after using bio booster. I recommend Tetra Safe Start + as biological booster. I honestly can’t see any fungus on him. I would treat with daily water changes of 70% and 1 tablespoon of dissolved AQUARIUM salt for every 5 gallons of water. Do this for 10 days. Wait on booster until you finish doing water changes. OK to use the Prime until you add booster. Most issues can be remedied with large water changes and dissolved aquarium salt.
i was going to use epsom salt but i was told to be safe because some epsom salt doesn’t have good ingredients so i took the safe route and did aquarium salt. if you read above, you can see the picture of him. the pictures don’t do it justice because he was sitting on the bottom of my main tank with fuzzy white stuff under his eyes. he was super lethargic when he is usually super active. a different water conditioner? should i just use water conditioner then? because i used all my money on the treatments and stuff

he’s in a 3.1g quarantine tank right now- i don’t have an alternative. he has the salt now, should i change the water today?

he’s in a 3.1g quarantine tank right now- i don’t have an alternative. he has the salt now, should i change the water today?
Change it once a day. Add about 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt each time. Use the Prime water conditioner until through with treatment.

Change it once a day. Add about 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt each time. Use the Prime water conditioner until through with treatment.
Okay awesome. He has been swimming a little better, he is trying really hard though

i was going to use epsom salt but i was told to be safe because some epsom salt doesn’t have good ingredients so i took the safe route and did aquarium salt. if you read above, you can see the picture of him. the pictures don’t do it justice because he was sitting on the bottom of my main tank with fuzzy white stuff under his eyes. he was super lethargic when he is usually super active. a different water conditioner? should i just use water conditioner then? because i used all my money on the treatments and stuff
By the way, aquarium salt and epsom salt are 2 different things. Epsom salt is safe as long as it doesn’t have perfume or fragrance in it. You use it for fish constipation and Pop Eye to pull fluid out of the eye. Aquarium salt is a mild astringent. You use it for mild bacterial issues such as cleaning a wound while fish is healing. Hope this helps. :)

By the way, aquarium salt and epsom salt are 2 different things. Epsom salt is safe as long as it doesn’t have perfume or fragrance in it. You use it for fish constipation and Pop Eye to pull fluid out of the eye. Aquarium salt is a mild astringent. You use it for mild bacterial issues such as cleaning a wound while fish is healing. Hope this helps. :)
okay thank you! if he doesn’t improve (i’ll post pics in a week), i’ll use epsom salt instead.

Do i continue using the fungal treatment?

For epsom salt, place one teaspoon in a gallon of tank water in bowl. Allow fish to swim in water for 15 minutes then place it back in QT tank. You can do this 3 times a day. Do the water changes still too. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 43
You can continue to use it. It says it’s good for bacterial also so it could help the Pop Eye. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back