Mixing Rams?

NonstickRon

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Daytona Beach, FL USA
Ok, the store near me has German Blue Rams, Long Finned Blue Rams and Bolivian Rams. I was thinking of getting two of each. Anyone have experience mixing breeds like that?
 
Should be fine, just give them plenty of places to call their own, rocks, caves, plenty of plants. The long finned/GBR's might mix, but the bolivians will not take much notice of them, unless they invade their territory, even then, they will just chase, nothing to worry about.

Ive had both GBR's and Boliv in the same 55g tank with no problems whatsoever :good:
 
I once bought a Bolivian by mistake, and my GBR killed it. I don't know if mine was just crazy or if this is normal, but be careful.
 
Bought 2 long finned GBRs...I asked for one of each sex. I can't tell the difference on the long fins. Got one regular GBR female (they didn't have any males, was the last regular GBR they had), and 2 bolivian rams...again asked for one of each sex but can't really tell if thats what I got. Also saw they had a flying fox mixed in with the chinese algae eaters at petsmart so I bought him. Nice find for a petsmart. :)

Also bought a few more plants to make everyone more comfortable.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top