Missing Fish

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
i just got some new fish 3 days ago one being a school of pretty small white cloud tetras i think they were called. welll now this morning one is missing- lifted up all the deco and searched everywhere. Waited a hour to see if he would appear back with his school but hes just not there.. There in a 65 gallon tank with black skirt tetras a bunch of platies, danios and gouramis.... the gold wag platties are big bullies and nipped and chased the little guys when i put them in but cooled off after. Maybe they ate him??? the other possibilty is that he got sucked into my eheim 2215 that i just set up a few weeks ago. I think they are small enough to fit into the filter part.. I have no idea even how to take it apart to look....?? and is it really bad to leave a dead fish in a tank???
 
I'd say he's been eaten. I have an eheim 2215 and I know a white cloud won't fit through the filter inlet basket.

Does any of your decor/ornaments have hollow legs or holes in the sides ect, places a small fish could swim into and get stuck? I know you said you lifted everything up but did you give them a good shake about and turn them all over and around? I only say because I once lost a loach that way. He got stuck up the leg of an ornament and died. I block all holes inside things with gravel now to stop that.
 
should i even bother taking apart the filter, i know im going to make a mess with water everywhere i as i do not know the proper way to do it, just set it up a cpl weeks ago and its my first canister filter.. as bad as it sounds i kinda hope it got eaten as then i dont have a rotting fish in my tank but still i would really like to know where it went... im dreding takiing this filter apart if anyone has a classic eheim and can tell me a good way to do it that would be great , thanks

I'd say he's been eaten. I have an eheim 2215 and I know a white cloud won't fit through the filter inlet basket.

well they are just babys at less than half n inch long and kinda thin so it still is a possibilty i think but im wondering if its worth it to take apart this filter. would it be bad to have a little rotting fish in there

i did shake around all the decor as some does have little holes then can swim in and out and some drain holes oon the bottom but nothing came out - just stirred up a ton of debris
 
My guess would be that they are in your filter, it happens to a lot of people
 
Found IT......all dried up beside the tank :( :( :( :( its surprising my cat didnt eat it as he spends all his time in here around the tanks. I guess i finally better close up the back of the tank with that plastic stuff - at least i know what happened but it is still really sad
 

Most reactions

Back
Top