FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
My Betta Ace has completely disappeared off the face of the planet. Heā€™s not in his tank anywhere. Iā€™ve search every square inch of that tank. I looked on the floor around the tank, no such luck.

At this point Iā€™ve just had to come to the assumption heā€™s dead, but it doesnā€™t make any sense because I didnā€™t even find a body in the tank. :(

My Betta Ace has completely disappeared off the face of the planet. Heā€™s not in his tank anywhere. Iā€™ve search every square inch of that tank. I looked on the floor around the tank, no such luck.

At this point Iā€™ve just had to come to the assumption heā€™s dead, but it doesnā€™t make any sense because I didnā€™t even find a body in the tank. :(
Whens the last time you saw him?

Aw Pk :-( Iā€™m so sorry. Thereā€™s always that nagging discomfort when you donā€™t know what happened:/:rip:

He croaked and something devoured his carcass. Shrimp ?
There are shrimp in the tank, but they canā€™t eat the bones, which is what I was looking for.

hmmm. What type of filter do you have? It's possible it got sucked against the intake after it died(if it died) and slowly got sucked in as it decomposed. That would explain why it's missing...
Itā€™s an older Tetra filter. That could be a possibility, except the intake is nearly flush against the back glass pane, making it impossible for a fish to get between the filter and the glass.

Aw Pk :-( Iā€™m so sorry. Thereā€™s always that nagging discomfort when you donā€™t know what happened:/:rip:
Thank you. I just donā€™t get it, he was perfectly healthy just a few days ago.

There are shrimp in the tank, but they canā€™t eat the bones, which is what I was looking for.

Itā€™s an older Tetra filter. That could be a possibility, except the intake is nearly flush against the back glass pane, making it impossible for a fish to get between the filter and the glass.

Thank you. I just donā€™t get it, he was perfectly healthy just a few days ago.
How old was it?

1652374799400.png

You seriously except me to believe the shrimp ate the bones.
You can believe it or not but the bones of small fish are not very substantial. You will never see a guppy or Betta skeleton. I really do think those shrimp ate the whole fish bones and all. You ever see snails on a dead fish ? They leave nothing and a shrimp is a better scavenger than a snail.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back