Miramo Balls- Yay Or Nay?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wanderer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have some Miramo balls (or "moss balls") in my tanks. They are said to help produce oxygen and reduce nitrates by using it for food. I've read though that they can clog filters. However, my filter is separate from the rest of the tank, at the back in another section? So should be ok. My garra rufa fish tried to eat them at first but are leaving them alone now so I guess the Miramo balls are going to stay. :) I think Miramo balls look really cool and kind of cute. Thinking of getting a few more. What do you guys think of Miramo Balls?

I'm not a fan TBH as they're actually a type of algae but each to their own I say. All plants reduce nitrate and produce oxygen as do all algae. I've always found them very beneficial for shrimp as they collect debris.

Well I'm a fan and furthermore they are said to be lucky. :D

!B4v7Q9wB2k~%24(KGrHqYOKk!EyRj-U9sUBMrBsImg%2BQ~~_3.JPG

I did once, I had about 12 of them in my first ever tank. :)

I got a pack of Moss Balls today from ebay, which became twice as big as my others when placed in a bowl of water. They turned the water very, very dirty, and right now the bowl they are in is very greenish brown even after rinsing them in the shower. What is causing this?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back