What's new

Minimalist Iwagumi

Doc7

Reaction score
Just a Q but how did you hide the heater, filter, etc? or are they just removed for the pic?

OP
George Farmer

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! :)

BigC - I'm really good, thanks.

biffster - Yes, 120cm Iwagumi's are very possible. I've set a couple up before now. The latest large Iwagumi I set up was for Aquarium Architecture, a 240cm, 1500 litre tank.

llj - I chose cardinals because I think the contrast between the green of the plants, with blue and red of the fish works very well, balanced with the muted tones of the substrate and rocks.

Some may prefer other fish, which is cool.

Regarding the comments about avoiding (excessive) contrast in an Iwagumi; that's a guideline. Rules in aquascaping stifle creativity, but guidelines are helpful, especially for beginners.

Thanks again.

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
That looks gorgeous!! Very clean and crisp looking (if that makes sense?)

One day I might just manage to get a tank to look as good as yours :good: :good:

VaegaVic

Reaction score
Thanks for the info George.
Just another question if you don't mind answering.

Those rocks used in the scape, what are they?
I've been trying to find rocks almost exactly like that for one of my tanks but cannot find a trace of them.

dayzofspeed

Reaction score
Thanks for the info George.
Just another question if you don't mind answering.

I've been trying to find rocks almost exactly like that for one of my tanks but cannot find a trace of them.
i'm probably wrong but they resemble limestone to me

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator
Reaction score
it's not limestone, its from the green machine (correct me if i'm wrong George). I think it's TGM Blue Stone??

fluttermoth

The current Mrs Treguard ;)
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Just a Q but how did you hide the heater, filter, etc? or are they just removed for the pic?
In Iwagumi tanks, an external filter and heater are used so as not to clutter up the tank. If you watch the vid, you can see the glass filter inlet/outlet pipes :)

Stunning tank, George.

OP
George Farmer

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, all. :D

The rocks are Mini Landscape Rock, supplied by Aqua Essentials. They're also known as Seiryu Stone, supplied by ADA.

c-dub

Reaction score
Wow, absolutely stunning. I love seeing smaller tanks that are just immaculate. How do you go about maintainance? Looks like it would be an absolute nightmare keeping it that CLEAN. I guess with only neons they wouldn't create much of a mess though...