Minimalist Iwagumi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just a Q but how did you hide the heater, filter, etc? or are they just removed for the pic?

Thanks for all the feedback! :)

BigC - I'm really good, thanks.

biffster - Yes, 120cm Iwagumi's are very possible. I've set a couple up before now. The latest large Iwagumi I set up was for Aquarium Architecture, a 240cm, 1500 litre tank.

llj - I chose cardinals because I think the contrast between the green of the plants, with blue and red of the fish works very well, balanced with the muted tones of the substrate and rocks.

Some may prefer other fish, which is cool.

Regarding the comments about avoiding (excessive) contrast in an Iwagumi; that's a guideline. Rules in aquascaping stifle creativity, but guidelines are helpful, especially for beginners.

Thanks again.

That looks gorgeous!! Very clean and crisp looking (if that makes sense?)

One day I might just manage to get a tank to look as good as yours :good: :good:

Thanks for the info George.
Just another question if you don't mind answering.

Those rocks used in the scape, what are they?
I've been trying to find rocks almost exactly like that for one of my tanks but cannot find a trace of them.

Thanks for the info George.
Just another question if you don't mind answering.

Those rocks used in the scape, what are they?
I've been trying to find rocks almost exactly like that for one of my tanks but cannot find a trace of them.

i'm probably wrong but they resemble limestone to me

it's not limestone, its from the green machine (correct me if i'm wrong George). I think it's TGM Blue Stone??

Just a Q but how did you hide the heater, filter, etc? or are they just removed for the pic?

In Iwagumi tanks, an external filter and heater are used so as not to clutter up the tank. If you watch the vid, you can see the glass filter inlet/outlet pipes :)

Stunning tank, George.

Some more pics. I changed the Cardinals to Neons (long story involving an art gallery).

5281025975_222417a188_b.jpg

5281627324_d1dd525ff8_b.jpg

5281627622_20b415cd35_b.jpg

5281026773_6588a04194_b.jpg

5281027075_c19dff06aa_b.jpg

Wow, absolutely stunning. I love seeing smaller tanks that are just immaculate. How do you go about maintainance? Looks like it would be an absolute nightmare keeping it that CLEAN. I guess with only neons they wouldn't create much of a mess though...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back