Mid Dwellers And How Many For 30 Gal. ?

Faythee

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Florida, USA
I have a 30 gal. tank with 8 Danios and 3 Corys. I am going Sunday to find some pretty fish for the middle portion of the tank. I looked up a list on-line of mid dwellers:

Angelfish
Black Widow Tetra
Bleeding Heart Tetra
Buenos Aires Tetra
Diamond Tetra
Emperor Tetra
Flame Tetra
Glassfish
Glowlight Tetra
Head and Tailight Tetra
Horse-faced Loach (never seen these)
Phantom Tetra
Red Eye Tetra
Rummy Nose Tetra
Serpae Tetra
Silver-tipped Tetra
Tiger Barb
X-Ray Tetra

Looks like mostly Tetras. How many would be a good number for this size tank ?

I like the idea of an Angel or 2 but not sure if that would work. I also like Tiger Barbs....would these be okay with the Danios and Corys ? How many ?

If I go with Tetras can I mix them up, or better stick to one kind ?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
 
I looked up the Tiger barbs and think my tank might be too small. I like my fish to have plenty of room. Scared to get the Angel too as I don't know if it would work.

Maybe I should try live bearers ????

Any ideas ?

Help ? What would you add ?
 
id lose the danio's and if you can find these get a pair
2 Flyer Cichlid
6 Tiger Barbs
keep the corys :good:

or maybe this set up
2 Kehole Cichlids
4 corys
4 Black Skirt Tetra's
 
i suppose you could try 6 to 8 silver tips , and maybe 6 harliquins as they seem to shoal together well they do in my tank :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top