Microwaving Bbs!

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Taken from another site....

In early December of 2004, I received an email from William Harrington saying he took his decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, placed them in a cup of water and microwaved them on high for 3 minutes or so until they exploded like popcorn and turned bright red. He then feeds them to his guppy fry and they go crazy for them, scouring the tank to get every last one. He also said that the fish seem to grow much faster when fed this way than with any other food including freshly hatched brine shrimp. I have not tried this yet myself and would be interested to hear from anyone who has.
 
That is interesting. I would be curious to know if someone has experience with that myself.
 
That sounds very interesting. I have some spare BBS eggs lying around in my basement. I'll try this today and get back to you guys to let you know how my Angelfish and Tiger barbs like them.
 
So I tried it, and I don't know is he used saltwater or what, but after 3 minutes the eggs weren't really red nor was the water, so I gave it another 1.5minutes, the eggs were somewhat red, I fed them to my fish and they didn't seem to bother with them.
 
So I tried it, and I don't know is he used saltwater or what, but after 3 minutes the eggs weren't really red nor was the water, so I gave it another 1.5minutes, the eggs were somewhat red, I fed them to my fish and they didn't seem to bother with them.

Just out of curiosity, how long have your dicapsulated eggs been stored and was they in a fridge? i read that you are suppose to store them in a fridge in slat water and they only last a month..
 
So I tried it, and I don't know is he used saltwater or what, but after 3 minutes the eggs weren't really red nor was the water, so I gave it another 1.5minutes, the eggs were somewhat red, I fed them to my fish and they didn't seem to bother with them.
Did they explode.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top