micro size food scoops???

Magnum Man35 149

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,646
Reaction score
6,897
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
curious if anyone else has the need for micro size scoops for foods??? what do you use???

in another hobby, gun cartridge reloading, Lee makes a gun powder measuring set… I never use the smallest scoops a 0.5 cc, and 0.7 cc, those sizes work well for me digging out foods from larger containers…
 
curious if anyone else has the need for micro size scoops for foods??? what do you use???

in another hobby, gun cartridge reloading, Lee makes a gun powder measuring set… I never use the smallest scoops a 0.5 cc, and 0.7 cc, those sizes work well for me digging out foods from larger containers…
Use your powder measure . One crank , one feeding . 🤣
 
not so funny… I have extras… but they require mounting… have to start mounting powder measures by my tanks…
 
I use a steak knife to pick up powdery food. I don't really like steak, and you don't want tools to go to waste...

And I have a bone handled, 1920s kitchen knife from my grandparents' house for slight bigger scoops.
 
My items of choice for scooping out micro food are the plastic small spoons I get at Culver’s or Dairy Queen. They’re usually blue and have about an 8” handle and a very small actual spoon. These greatly help my old goofy fingers to dip/scoop out just the amount of food (mini pellets or flakes) for a given feeding.:)
 
Here is a pic.
IMG_9707.webp
When I scoop up some, I can see exactly how much…..and…..if I scooped out too much, I simply tap it on the edge of the food container and it comes out gradually.
 
For some forgotten fish reason, I have measuring spoons in 1/8, 1/16 & 1/32 teaspoonfuls. Maybe for dry ferts but not foods?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top