Mexico Mission Pictures

MamaPish,

Great photos, it looked like it was a successful missions trip. It is great to read that you are going back in Dec. Is this a follow up trip for the whole team?

Jazz_UK

Thanks Guys,

Jazz.......In December, we go just after Christmas, and it is a very quick trip, and only about 15 of us go...we drive for 11 hrs, go to sleep, get up and spend the whole next day there, in El Faro...the smaller village giving out gifts and other items we have collected for the women and children, and we also serve a HUGE Christmas Dinner, they have a small worship service and I do puppets and balloons for the kids, and then we are back on the road for home the next morning.

This year we are starting something new for the men....we are taking an assortment of auto supplies....oil, air filters, wipers, lots of stuff, and also a couple of mechanics.
The men don't usually come to the dinner, so we are going to them this time!

Thanks for your intrest!

those are great pics and it looks like you had a fabulous time. just one question though. whats with all the people in pic #8 throwing up gang signs?

:D
good question Tanked......

There is a heavy gang influance in this part of Mexico....and they never have their pictures taken....just when we are there.....I guess it is there way of showing off.

The older guys (teens) were really bad about it.

We don't pay much attention to it.....we don't want to turn them off by dissing them, or telling them NOT to do it.... we want to accept them the way they are and build relationships......and through that, we hope they sway in the right direction.

Now the adult inturpreter in the front....I think he was just showing the kids a "C"
for Christ......which it looks like a backward "C" in the picture!! :lol:

You are a very special person Mampish. I wish I was more like you. I also wish the world was more like you.

I would be proud

Silver
:*)

MamaPish said:
Now the adult inturpreter in the front....I think he was just showing the kids a "C"
for Christ......which it looks like a backward "C" in the picture!! :lol:
if that were only the case. the way he has his thumb curled in is the sign for the CRIPS. having grownup near Los Angeles I am all to familiar with the common gang signs. never got into it myself though. I was a good child, just became evil :devil: as I grew up :lol: J/K

Most reactions

Back