Mexican Dwarf Crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Soooo.
Convinced my husband that she needs a bigger tank.
She doesn't swim like a shrimp and its just her in this tank by herself, so height is really wasted.

I found this

They list it as a 2.3 gal everywhere but that doesn't make sense because the dimensions given are almost double the length what shes in now (shes in a 2.5). I referenced the dimensions listed on the page on other sources too for the same brand and theyre all the same.

Punched it in on the calculator here, comes up as 4 gallons US (what i use) or 3 imperial gallons. So perhaps its a European brand, I dont know.

But given its shallow but very long, comes with a glass fitting lid, (i dont need the dividers and likely will find other creative uses for those slots of glass), it gives an excellent footprint for a dwarf cray since I'm not planning on adding fish with her.

Now it'll come next week :D

My cherry shrimp will get the tank shes currently in and everyone wins.

We are not allowed to import anything like that into New Zealand. Are they bred in captivity.

We are not allowed to import anything like that into New Zealand. Are they bred in captivity.
Yes, this species is fairly easy apparently too. Though I dont think i plan to breed them. Shes enjoyable as she is on her own. Breeding them needs a much larger tank since they're not always fond of one another and need space lol

Soooo.
Convinced my husband that she needs a bigger tank.
She doesn't swim like a shrimp and its just her in this tank by herself, so height is really wasted.

I found this

They list it as a 2.3 gal everywhere but that doesn't make sense because the dimensions given are almost double the length what shes in now (shes in a 2.5). I referenced the dimensions listed on the page on other sources too for the same brand and theyre all the same.

Punched it in on the calculator here, comes up as 4 gallons US (what i use) or 3 imperial gallons. So perhaps its a European brand, I dont know.

But given its shallow but very long, comes with a glass fitting lid, (i dont need the dividers and likely will find other creative uses for those slots of glass), it gives an excellent footprint for a dwarf cray since I'm not planning on adding fish with her.

Now it'll come next week :D

My cherry shrimp will get the tank shes currently in and everyone wins.

Can't wait to see the new tank! I bet she'll love the extra room.

Went rock collecting, thinking an arrangement like this, interspersed with some anacharis/hornwort
As well as placing her pots with this layout too
20200927_175121.jpg

Tank looks huge! And the rocks look great, very nice!
Its 18.5"x6"x7.5" which puts it at 4 gallons
Home to her and 3 faucet snails, thats itll
20200929_134550.jpg

20200929_134540.jpg

20200929_134553.jpg

And the shrimp get her old 2.5 gallon!
Everyone wins
20200929_134613.jpg

Both tanks fit perfect on my window sill!
20200929_134846.jpg

And the glass dividers the tank came with, I turned them into a lid for the 2.5 haha
20200929_135858.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back