Messing Around With Focal Points

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

blinky000

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I figured that before I actually spent some money aquascaping my tank, I should probably start learning how to do it. So this evening, I've been playing around and working out the focal point and it looks much better. Not great, but better. I can actually relax looking at it now. Here's what it looked like before:

tank.jpg

And here's how it is now:

DSCF3116.jpg

DSCF3115.jpg

What do you reckon? I think there's something missing around the back left. Perhaps some rocks would make it come alive a bit more. What do the experts think?

No expert here but, like you suggested, some smooth rounded rocks possibly leading anti clock wise from the wood, round the corner and into the centre a tiny bit.

Thats my suggestion :)

My suggestions would be;

• Move your plant from behind the bogwood to the left of the tank and about an inch from the back
  • Allow the plant around the filter/heater to spread out and to grow around the back of the bogwood. Maybe buy some more to speed up the process
  • Place the moss on the mesh in front of the bogwood and trim into an odd shape so it does not look uniformed.
  • Move the central ornament and tank as far to the right as possible so that the box is almost touching the right hand side of the tank as placing it centrally makes it overpowering compared to the plants
  • Move the back left plant to the right by about 5 inches and allow to spread along until it meets the plant on the would remain on the right and so it is wrapped around the ornament at the top in the middle to break up the solid object
  • Place the small plants that are at the back in front of the plant that you have moved to the back left corner. Position these similar to where you originally had your moss on the mesh
Hope that makes sense and should give you a few different focal points that would compliment one another without needing to add new objects currently. Once this is done I would leave it to fill out and grow for a month or two and see what else needs adding if anything at all.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Most reactions

Back