Red Tiger Oscar baby:

DSCN1057.jpg
DSCN1055.jpg
DSCN1127.jpg

Female Green Terror:

DSCN1068.jpg
DSCN1059.jpg
DSCN1117.jpg

I'll have to get some better ones of my Keyhole and Ram, all my fish were p"ssed off when these photos were taken as I'd moved the shrimps and done a water change...

hi, i dont wish to upset anyone but looking at the first pic of the oscar red it looks to me if it has (hole in the head) to me if i,am wrong iam sorry but i dont think i,am if i were you i would have it check to be sure hope i helped (taffy92) :good:

well might aswel add some pictures of mine!!
my female cryptoheros cutteri
cutterifemale.jpg

my male cutteri, at the back hiding!
cutterimale.jpg

these are a breeding pair and here are a few shots of their fry, just a couple of days old!
cutterifry.jpg

cutterifry1.jpg

cutterifry2.jpg

and finally some of my juvenile rotkeil severums, there is 10 but hide from the camera, about 2" now and starting to show colour.
herossprotkeiljuvis.jpg

will have to excuse the dirty tank glass. this tank is upstairs and only used for breeding the cutteri and growing on smaller juvenile fish so never really bother with how clean the glass is!!

dave

just though i would add my pics of my tiger oscars, both about 10-11" in size and had them for about 7 years now and starting to show signs of HITH now such a shame, but they have had a good life making this tank there own! :hyper:

P1020210.jpg

P1020214.jpg

P1020216.jpg

P1020217.jpg

thanks

p.s i cant believe how true it is about sulking too, i just installed my new filter and put the inlet across the back of the tank and they been sulking all day sat in the corner lol

just though i would add my pics of my tiger oscars, both about 10-11" in size and had them for about 7 years now and starting to show signs of HITH now such a shame, but they have had a good life making this tank there own! :hyper:

P1020210.jpg

P1020214.jpg

P1020216.jpg

P1020217.jpg

thanks

p.s i cant believe how true it is about sulking too, i just installed my new filter and put the inlet across the back of the tank and they been sulking all day sat in the corner lol

Mate how do these two actually get on, that looks like some serious battle scars :crazy:

Hith you will need to preform daily 20% waterchanges to try and clear this up, What filteration do you have and how big is this tank?

HITH LINK

ive just renewed the filter from a fluval 304 to a aquamanta efx400 ( very impressed at the moment) the tank i roughly L 5'X W 24" X H 18", i didnt know HITH could be cleared up just thought it was a common problem that came with age :blush:

just taken a quick look at the link and i think my fluval could have easily bought water problem on as i felt the filter has never really done a good job i.e the media was never very dirty and i heard about flws in design where media get bypassed.

they get on fine together oh they have there moments pulling each other round the tank by there mouths lol, btw the one with the broken jaw as had this since buying him a inch long, we were going to change him but didnt plus its great fun to watch an earthworm try to escape out the side lol ( they never do )

The tank originally had 8 oscars in when they were young and have just gradually removed a couple every couple of years so it doesnt upset the tank balance.

thanks for the link will take a look now

cheers

just though i would add my pics of my tiger oscars, both about 10-11" in size and had them for about 7 years now and starting to show signs of HITH now such a shame, but they have had a good life making this tank there own

tbh mate they look in a right state. HITH is easy enough to prevent and not that difficult to cure completely,

i am going to start the process of getting them cured and am not writing them off, they have deteriorated within the last couple of week due to my old filter not filtering, ive just bought a new filter to cope with a tank 100 litres larger. its surprising how quick they went downhill and have brought them back from it before due to faulty heaters.

The only reson i wrote like this is that ive never been in this situation before and never knew that HITH could be cured!

thanks

p.s as stated bfore one of them only has 3/4 of a jaw which was like it when purchased.

that wasn't hard! ha

my fish at the top of the page, i put them there for people to see, just wondering if anyone actually looked at them or whether it was a waste of time, as things are on here at the moment.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back