Melafix

does it work?

  • yes it works and is a good product

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no it is a waste of money and doesn't work

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

joshjames

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
my angels have been cut up bad and their fins have been damaged by my festivum and have read melafix can help them grow back?
is it really any good?
if its no good what other ways can i heal it?
 
I like Melafix, it's useful as a very mild medication to use when a fish has a wound, but is nothing magic - just overpriced tea tree extract.

I'd still buy it if I needed it.

It also has a nice smell.

Water changes are a good idea though :good:.
 
I always have Melafix on hand. It is great for healing. It doesn't work for bacterial diseases like it says though.
 
I always use Melafix and Pimafix combo every time i add new fish or if i see a wound and so far i haven't had a problem or disease in 8 month except for ich that was brought with my last fish purchase. It does speed up the healing dramatically in my experience (used it on my Betta a while back).
So in short i would recommend it. I always have both in my fish medication cabinet.
 
When my pleco's fin was torn to shreds, the only thing I used was melafix. The wound healed within a couple of days. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top