Meet me!! Maya!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hi Maya, your name reminds me of the famous Maya the bee, I loved watching the cartoons on TV being a child and even still now (the old handmade ones from the seventies), I would like to tell you about the Anolis carolinensis I keept during the eighties here in Berlin, the wall of Berlin was still standing there and I was a young newcomer in this country, and I had at the window of my room a little aquarium I used as a terrarium and buyed those three anolis I had never seen before in my life, one male and its two females, well you know after a while I removed the cover of this terrarium so that the animals would be able to move free around because I had to the left and to the right of this terrarium at the window two very big plants, more like little trees (one giant Ficus as well) ideal for these lizards, and the experiment succeeded quite well, they stayed there and were well educated, the male liked to go to the room floor to a metallic forniture leg which reflected like a mirrow and then to show to its own image the impressive behavior of the anolis, he was an addict! but it was funny, the females did care much about who was the right partner of this chap and had some quarrels, they laid many eggs I unfortunately destroyed by trying to incubate them apart (otherwise the babies would have come out), yes to keep these animals free at home has been something very interesting to me.
HI!! Whats funny is I actually own one!! She is very very friendly and loves to be held!

Most reactions

Back