Medication Method

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
6,117
Reaction score
2
Points
36
Location
Derby
So Guys this is new for me.

Never had any Parasits on/in my fish before, and had to mdeciate. as i dont use meds, just healthy feeds and natural supplements.

So my paradise fish have internal worms and have now both died very suddenly within 12 hours of each other.
I bought some:WATERLIFE Sterazin Flukes Worms Leaches Parasites

so whats the best metod to dose this.

I know i have to remove all the shrimps from the tank, but does this include all my apple/spixi/horned snails aswell.

I turned up the temp to increase the life cycle of the parasite, what else.
The meds shoud arrive in the morning as i wasn't gonna pay LFS Prices.

I fed them Extra Live food and Spirulina to give them a boost last night.
 
Remove all inverts and add extra aeration to the tank with a large airstone, other than that you seem to have it covered.
 
Remove all inverts and add extra aeration to the tank with a large airstone, other than that you seem to have it covered.

Thanks CFC, Its worrying as i haven't had an outbreak of anything for 2+ Years.

I'll set up another tank today for the shrimp and snails, have had to hold a delivery of fish and Ninja/BumbleeBee Shrimp cause of it.
 
You shouldn't turn the temperature up until you are ready to start treating. Otherwise the parasites will develop faster and more of them will infect the fish before the medication is added to the tank.

Some medications are safe for inverts like shrimp and snails. Check the directions on the pack.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top