May 2013 - Totm Banter

OP
eaglesaquarium

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Just throw a trashbag behind the tank as a background and take a pic - sometimes something as simple as that can make a huge difference.

Wildbetta

Reaction score
I have sponge filters running on all my tanks.  They seem to work out the best with my bettas.

SLIM

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This Old Spouse said:
Here's my 20g long cory/RCS tank. Opinions? Suggestions?

Wow very nice. Nice to see the tank weve talked so much about. All I would do is add some tall background plants :)

stanleo

Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I love your tank, This Old Spouse. very serene looking. I bet your cories love it!

frapadoodle

Moved On
Reaction score
Seriously though, Spouse, I agree with eagle, Camboma along the back would look great.

Wldbetta, please do some kind of background. As to the serene "clean" look, for those with O.L.D.(obsessive laziness disorder), it can ruin a nights sleep thinking of which fish could dirty it up quickest.

This Old Spouse

TOTM Winner May 2013
Reaction score
Hey, if someone wants to send some cabomba along to me, I'd be up for it. With no decent LFS closer than 100 miles and no funds, I do the best with what I have. 

OP
eaglesaquarium

eaglesaquarium

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score

SLIM

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This Old Spouse said:
Hey, if someone wants to send some cabomba along to me, I'd be up for it. With no decent LFS closer than 100 miles and no funds, I do the best with what I have. ^_^
Ahh If you where in the UK I could sort you out loads of plants, even a fire extonguisher. You would live miles away lol

Wildbetta

Reaction score
I normally have loads of it but I had it die off after I shut down my largest tank.  I buy mine from either MikesWetPets on both Ebay or Aquabid or from Bamaplants.com (NoFishToday on aquabid) with really great success.  Both sellers have excellent plants at great prices and I haven't been let down with either one.

OP
eaglesaquarium

eaglesaquarium

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
That's a very interesting tank.

Do I read correctly 26 clown loaches?!  Wow - that's a lot of loaches.   BIG tank!

Iiriva

Reaction score
Thanks. ^^

The number actually went up to 30 today! Got another clown loaches from way too small of a tank, it was only 160 liters. I don't buy my clown loaches from stores, I "rescue" older ones from small tanks.

stanleo

Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I am torn between This Old Spouse and liriva's tanks. They both are so beautiful in different ways.

This Old Spouse

TOTM Winner May 2013
Reaction score
Aw, thanks! And coming from the guy who's tank I am in love with, that's quite a compliment!