Max the Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
In that case I need to hold off until I get the 20 long set up and cycled before getting the shrimp.

Here is a picture I just took of Betta Max / Mad Max. Took me awhile to get him to corporate and let me take his picture. Max cost me twenty bucks at Petsmart, the most expensive fish, dollar per oz I have ever bought. And if he had died on me, I probably would have ate him sushi style with a little salt..?....... lol .....:dreads:

Betta Max 1-12-91.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a picture I just took of Betta Max / Mad Max. Took me awhile to get him to corporate and let me take his picture. Max cost me twenty bucks at Petsmart, the most expensive fish, dollar per oz I have ever bought. And if he had died on me, I probably would have ate him sushi style with a little salt..?....... lol .....:dreads:

View attachment 126588
The green of wasabi could go well with his coloring ;)

He is a gorgeous fish :)

On the cup it said Max is a Butterfly betta but I don't know bettas so I will just have to go with it.
A butterfly betta is a betta which had one colour on the fins next to the body and a different colour on the outside edge of the fins. Max is indeed a butterfly. If his body and the outside edge are the same colour (I can't tell from the photo) he's a bicolour butterfly; if his body is blue and the outside edge white, he's a tricolour.
Then there's tail shape. He's either a superdelta or a half moon. If he flares and the edges of his tail are 180 deg apart, that's a halfmoon; if they are less that 180 deg, he's a superdelta.
I can't tell from the photo, but is his tail in two halves? If it is, he's a double tail as well.

He is a gorgeous fish :)

A butterfly betta is a betta which had one colour on the fins next to the body and a different colour on the outside edge of the fins. Max is indeed a butterfly. If his body and the outside edge are the same colour (I can't tell from the photo) he's a bicolour butterfly; if his body is blue and the outside edge white, he's a tricolour.
Then there's tail shape. He's either a superdelta or a half moon. If he flares and the edges of his tail are 180 deg apart, that's a halfmoon; if they are less that 180 deg, he's a superdelta.
I can't tell from the photo, but is his tail in two halves? If it is, he's a double tail as well.
Thank you for the reply, also for clearing up butterfly betta. I did some research on butterfly betta and didn't find much to help determine that he is. Yes he has two tails, kinda strange that I didn't notice this until I took the picture I posted here. I have to watch him close to see the two tails. He is so tiny compared to all the most of the other bettas in the cups were I bought him. Will he grow any larger?

If he's very young he will grow. If he's a good few months old, he may just be small. But it's hard to tell when you buy a betta just how old they are. Use the photos you've just taken to compare to him in a month or so, it'll be easier to see how much he's grown than trying to remember :)

what a silly little guy!! he's just adorbs!! looking forward to hearing more about his adventures. haha
I'm pretty new to the fish world myself.. found myself in pet smart a couple months ago and saddened by the lonely beautiful betas in cups.. so i saved one and the stress hasn't stopped since.. haha welcome to the adventure... tho for me it's been more of a roller coaster..

View attachment 126588
Beautiful fish ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back