Mateing Cherry Barbs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

trevorneil

Reaction score
Hi all, i've got a quick question and wondered if anyone could help, i've got some cherry barbs and they have just started mating but have laid no eggs yet. i have read that the adult cherrys will eat there own eggs and i'm not sure about my other fish ( 2xCAEs, 5xDanios, 5x Neon tetra, 3x other cherry barbs and a kooli loach). I just wanted to know if i should remove the eggs ( if they arrive) and what i should put them in. i've looked at some breeding nets and they all say for pregnant fish what i looked at.

Thanks for looking.

So I'm assuming you want to raise the fry, correct? If not, just leave the eggs in the tank and let them get eaten, no big deal. You'll need a tank to raise the fry, all the equipment for the tank (sponge filter, heater, plants for fry to hide in) then some live food. Do you have plans for the fry ones they mature? Before you take the eggs out of the tank make sure you are prepared and you really want to do this. I don't know squat about raising barb fry so hopefully someone will be along to help you with that!

Most reactions

Back