Massive 8/9 Inch Clown Loach For Sale

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
hiya - sorry to be nosey - but how long does it take them to get this big???
mines about 2 inches (the biggest one,,).. the others are about 1 in and a half!

:)

mines about 2 inches (the biggest one,,).. the others are about 1 in and a half!

Apparently, looked after well, they live for approx 50 years. So to grow from 2" to 8" i'm guessing a very long time, imo justifying the price.

must admit, I thought £100 was a little on the high side - lfs had some monster ones in for £75....and thats from a shop.

Apparently, looked after well, they live for approx 50 years. So to grow from 2" to 8" i'm guessing a very long time, imo justifying the price.

wow!

good luck with the sale...!

imo definately worth it......

Around £100 is the going rate for a clown of 8" - 10", like anything though you will find the odd bargain.

I am interested in the fish, I am guessing he is anywhere between 6 & 10 years old? Please message me so I can give you my email address for a photo? I am not very far from you so transporting it wont be too stressful either.

mine are 3 are 3 years old and there about 5"

In all fairness to the seller he is actualy offering 2 big clowns for £100 - which I think is reasonable considering what I have seen some going for in some fish shops.
I've got some clowns which are around the 7 inch mark after 5 years of tlc, if I were to sell them I'd be wanting a similar price!
Best of luck to you!

The big fella has settled in well, although I don't think he is brave enough to go in the bosses pipe yet.

100_4767.jpg

100_4757.jpg

Is it 9" i would have bought it just that the pic i got looked like it was closer too 7" or so

100 quid really??
I've currently got three between 9 and 11 inches.... I paid £35 each for them at about 6" inches and they've grown to this size over the last two and half years. The Biggest one's I've seen were a collection of 4 where the smallest was about 18" and the very largest of them all was close to 22 inches and very chunky as well. But we are talking about a fish that is almost a quarter of a century old.

Good luck with that sale, slightly cheaper and I would have been tempted to have another one, but bit out of my price range at the moment.

Regards

Mark

They are so rare at that size the price is definitely debatable.
Good luck on the sale.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back