Marlin.... Ideas?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Miss Wiggle

Practically perfect in every way
Reaction score
impulse boguht some marlin steaks the other day, thought i'd have them tonight but i haven't the foggiest how to cook them, what wouild be nice etc.... anyone got any ideas?

i'm contemplating marinading it in honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlice, chilli and whatever else springs to mind from the cupboard then either frying or grilling it, then serve it with noodles and stir fried veg..... what do you reckon??

Burn it on the Barbie! :D Oh wait, your English, yeah, I guess your gonna have to Grill it... :p MUhahah! But seriously, the marinade sounds nice, but I like my fish just plain, so you get the taste of the fish. You can still do fancy side dishes/sauces though. ;)

Quickly edited my above post! :p Heheh, although it rained today (really really needed! WOOT) It sure is mega Barbie time over here ATM! :p Especially with the cricket on!

Burn it on the Barbie! :D Oh wait, your English, yeah, I guess your gonna have to Grill it... :p MUhahah! But seriously, the marinade sounds nice, but I like my fish just plain, so you get the taste of the fish. You can still do fancy side dishes/sauces though. ;)

i'm like that with beef, just cook it with salt and pepper and that'll do me, like something a bit more with most other stuff though.

guess i'm feeling deprived cos i'm not doing xmas dinner this year so i'm feeling the need to cook proper stuff :D

and it's no good trying to rile me over cricket, it doesn't interest me in the slightest :p :lol:

Watch out with marlin, it's very easy to overcook so it has the texture of an old tyre...

yeah? i thought i'd grill it on a very slow heat so it stays nice and moist..... how long would you say it needs?

just to let you know they were absolutely delicious, did the marinade as above, left them in it in the fridge for 4/5 hrs, then grilled them on a v low heat for about 15 mins turning them regulrarly and they stayed all moist and lovely. served with noodles and stir fried veg, only thing i would do differently is make more marinade and stir fry the veg in it too as the fish soaked up all the sauce so while it was nice, the stuff with it was a wee bit bland.

:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back