Marks 132l

Just some photo updates, nothing too spectacular. The Porite/christmas tree worms are doing surprisingly well considering it was a bit if an impulse buy with no real sps knowledge. I was a bit concerned about the worms gradually starving but I've actually had quite a few more pop up in the last few months, which is nice. Reason for no full tank shots: it aint pretty (yet).

Can anyone ID the growths next to the mushroom in the 3rd picture?

3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

Porites and the worms look great, nice work. Wish I knew what those growths were but I've never seen em.

Thanks for the compliments. After a bit of research I've found out the growths are a kind of scroll algae called Padina. Hopefully they don't the normal hitchiker stunt and disappear as fast as they arrived.

Are you target feeding the X-mas worms? You're lucky to have them do so well, they have a habit of doing poorly in tanks. :sick:

Very nice tank. :good:

My sand bed is around 3 inches deep and I stir that every so often. I also do a sort of target feed... I feed a mixture of frozen food every day to my fish and ussually turn off the powerheads and squirt the thawed food into the tank directly above that area of the tank. The 'dregs' that are too small for the fish sink in the water column and eventually land on the porites/worms. That way they are being fed chopped mussel detritus etc. Don't even know if the porites recquire feeding but the food seems to be caught by the polyps anyway.

've only had them around 6 month's so its hard to tell however the arrival of a few new worms is encouraging. I've also got a whole host of unidentified filter feeders that arrived in the porites and they all seem to be doing well.

Most reactions

Back