Marines

yekim_4321

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:) Hi all, have been considering for sometime starting a marine aquarium! but all the shops i visit give me a huge list of items i need which amount to some £600 - £1000!!!!!!!

I have a 48"*18"*15, which i would like to set as a marine initialy i would be looking at keeping a pair of clowns, to get the feel of things and see if it is for me!

Would this be okay and what's the minimum i need to set up a marine tank, i dont want to go all out and spend a fortune only to find its not for me(doubt it very much) but just in case.

Thanx Mick

:D Adrinal, many thanxs that is fantastice....will now set to work on wife to allow me the cash to do it...i have any amount of tanks so a quick question would a tank the same size make a better filter than say tank of 3ft....yes i have lights powerheads filters external and internal any good? i already have heaters and can get hold of living sand easy enough.....what sort of return pump would you reccomend?

Again many thanx for the info and i will invest in IO salt and have already been looking at RO units triple pod....they would cost me around £160 @ $320 or there abouts.

Mick

:D :D Sorry my wife she say YES......wooohooo. Ok i have a 48" * 18" * 15" and a 4ft divided into three originally used for fry, if i take out the partitions make them smaller then replace them so that water flows over the first and under the next into a small holding chamber then back to the tank would this be okay i'm currently looking at an air driven skimmer?

Next i have a lot of internal filters could i use them to create water movement?

or could i use the divided 4ft as a three chamber filter then drop from there into a 3 or 4ft refugeum sump then back to tank would this work.....as i say i have quite a few different sized tanks lying around i could use from 2ft to 4ft....if it goes well my ideal would be a 6*2*2 reef tank.

Again many thanx

Mick

Most reactions

Back