Marbles. Where Does One Buy Them?

doktor doris

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
395
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Grantham.
Hullo,

I need osme marbles to line the bottom of my Zebra danio's breeding tank.

I live in a town that has no toy shops now (it used to have 3). I looked on ebay and they seem jolly expensive.

Iam sure there must be a place that sells big bags cheaply.

Any ideas chums?

doris
 
Iam in the UK.

About poundland, I assume it is a pound shop.

Does anyone live near one and would be willing to get me some marbles if I pay for the marbles and postage and a little for inconvienience?

doris
 
Iam in the UK.

About poundland, I assume it is a pound shop.

Does anyone live near one and would be willing to get me some marbles if I pay for the marbles and postage and a little for inconvienience?

doris
Hi doris
I have used old filter balls, not plastic, i think they where eheim balls that came with the filter but i suppose you could use any that don't float.
Worked as well as marbles when i bred barbs.
hoggie
 
I got mine from Asda! I also got them cheap as they were ripped open for about 25p per bag. Try in a big Asda in the toy section :)
 
Morrisons do bags of glass beads....2 for £2.50 [Ithink].....My daughter has them in her Betta tank....they look lovely!!!

Lisa x
 
Hmmm I saw those adverts, the top is one is for large marbles.

If you consider a marble is 15mm across, that is a hundred marbles for an are 15 by 15cm.
So for a 2ft by 1ft tank we are looking at 8 of those areas, or 800 marbles.
At 15 marbles for 99p that is 53 pounds worth.

And that is if we only want the bottom to be one marble deep.

Which I dont, I would think at least 2 layers would be best.

So that is 106 pounds!

'not expensive at all?'

Oh and Ive forgotten the postage which is £1.50 a bag, more than the marbles cost plus 25p per additional item, so that is another 27 pounds.

so it comes to about 133 quid.

yikes!

I was looking to pay about a pound for 100, like cheap toy shops sell them for.

but thanks for looking on ebay for me.

doris
 

Most reactions

Back
Top