Marbled sleeper goby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
well i've had this goby for 4 yrs (give or take a month)and he has managed to live w/everything from mbuna to my sa/ca cichlids,he'll eat anything pellets,krill,meat stix,tiger barbs,silverdollars and feeder fish :what: yes you read it right.i don't like feeders so i'm looking for some food that can atleast fill this guy up
"The Marbled Sleeper Goby is a greedy fish and can consume its own weight in food every day. It will eat virtually anything from meaty foods to insect larvae to live foods"
see what i'm dealing with?
i need something that i won't have to worry about polluting my water.and my other fish can eat as well.

Have you tried finely chopped raw beef heart?

Have you tried finely chopped raw beef heart?
no,do you have any exp w/it?if so whats it like as far as water pollution?and what r the prices like?

thanx

i just picked up a 1.4 oz can of jumbo shrimp,is that anygood?i know he loves the meat stix but they are messy as hell.

:) What about garden worms? Be sure the soil they come from is clean e.g. no chemicals. Frozen lancefish and whitebait? Frozen prawns? :thumbs: Mac.

I've not had much experience(the local butchers closed down it's all supermarkets now and they don't usualy have it in) with it but its ok if you wash it thorughly first and remove the uneaten stuff hence the thread to make thinks easier. Macs suggestion about garden worms is a good one too. you could even start a worm garden thing in an old small unused tank that way you'd know there were know chem's/petsicides in the soil.

how about cocktai; shrimp?will this pollute my tank?

can i raise my own worms in a really big flowerpot? :)

The thing i do to harvest garden worms is to lie a piece of plywood down flat in the garden and leave it for a few days then go back to it lift it up and voula!!! plenty of earthworms just on the surface of the ground easy to pick up too, no digging involved :grin: :grin:

The other food to try would be Sprats/White Bait...but fillet them first and NO im NOT kidding lol i do this for most of my fish and even rainbow fish will nibble at the fillets too :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back