Many, Many Generations

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I bought myself 3 male and 6 female Guppies in 2002....... These are the "offspring" of those.... No new blood & Thousands generations inbetween (just a few which I brought inside..... pond outside still contains many thousands)

SDC10958.jpg


SDC10956.jpg


These Platies originate from 3 females and 1 male from the same year..... Also thousands outside..

SDC10960.jpg


SDC10961.jpg


I got one pair of convicts in around 2003.... These are their descendants....
SDC10978.jpg


And just to show off the only tank I have in the house, I threw in these 2 pics of my Discus....... (Soon to be the forefathers of many, many generations). There are 6 of them currently.... (and the Angels)
SDC11006.jpg


SDC11014.jpg
 
mmm, very impressive breeding set up :good: . There has to be signs of inbreeding though, maybe not to the untrained eye (especially with the general poor quality of guppies around). But i find it very hard to believe all these off spring are good examples, I'd love to be wrong though and congratulations if they are all well and healthy.
 
How cool!

When you say "outside" do you mean a pond, or a shed full of aquariums that you have set up for breeding?
 
How cool!

When you say "outside" do you mean a pond, or a shed full of aquariums that you have set up for breeding?

I have heated ponds outside Brette, (4kW geyser elements in each) and another contains (Thousands) Mollies and also (Thousands) blue (three spot) Gouramies..... All originating from one ore two batches in early 2000nds...... And Honestly..... All pet stores that have ever taken fish from me (I swop them for fish foods or equipment) immediately comment on the relative "durability" of my fish......
 
Wow, a tropical pond (that's one of my dreams) when I was in St. Lucia, the hotel actually had some sort of cichlids in their pond, and because it was the Caribbean, they didn't have to heat it!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top