Sasha
Fish Gatherer
This is the worst day in my life!! I can't believe this! My beloved Mandy is gone!!!
I had decided to move her out of the 46 gallon tank because she was very difficult to find and the tank had a disease breakout so I wanted to avoid using medication on her, from past expereinces with fry. I moved Mandy in my 29 gallon tank with her best buddy Susie (a black molly about the same size of her) since the tank house older fry.
This morning when I went to look on Mandy, I found her nowhere! I immediatly reached my arm into the tank and began shifting through the plants and looking through gravel. Sadly, I discovered Mandy in the filter . . . it was just like her mother died!
I was heartbroken! Of course, tears flooded down my face at the sight of my beloved balloon molly Mandy! I keep on remidnding myself that Mandy is in a place without pain and she's happy, but I only cry when think of her!
MANDY 
(November 11, 2003 - June 2, 2004)


All of my main tanks have the Aquaclear filters, and it was the Aquaclear 200 that trapped Mindy (her mother) and Mandy. I always adjust the filter to its lowest speed, but I have had several probelms with fish getting sucked up. Neon tetras, guppies, mollies and platies have all been caught in the suction, but I don't know how else to stop this. 







