Manderin Goby In His New 100 Gallon Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Mandarins exude a highly toxic slime, hence their colouration. Lion could have took him but would have spat him back out, but most fish seem to recognise these little guys a poisonous.
If the tank is newly set up be sure to get some rotifer / pod cultures to add regularly to aid his dietary requirements....

its been up for about a year and a half and the rock was in some one elses tank for years before that

Still best to add these food sources when dealing with dragonets..even in older tanks the pod count may not always be high enough for their requirements...Also in older tanks many other tank inhabitants will have eaten and continue to eat these little critters.

well im sadly lion fish hunting after the sod tryed to eat the mandy so there both going in my nano untill i might take them back to lfs if not ill have to swap around as obviously the lions cant stay in the nano

Any joy with the lion hunt?? Sometimes best to sit back and keep an eye on them for half an hour then pop in their fav food and scoop em up while out in feeding mindset....sneaky but effective,lol...

Ps...if you get the fuzzies out...this would give you the chance to add peppermint shrimp to take out your aiptaisia for you

yeah got the little one not the big yet tho
gonna miss the guys tho :sad:

aaaa mate im so sorry!

i feel really bad now :(

no need hes all rite

ive caught him :grr:

and buddy boy i think the parents would disagree

i was giving the sly face as he watched me and taunted me and hid lol

Most reactions

Back