Man swallowed fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish get swallowed whole all the time by other fish, birds, etc. but when a person does it, suddenly it's wrong. :p

I don't think it's the colour that he brings the fish up by, but the order in which he swallowed them. He just remembers the first one was orange, the second one was white, etc.

Still...

I don't imagine it's a fairy tale enchanted voyage for the fish, but I imagine they're kept in pretty good conditions, in order to be able to "perform" at each show. As I recall he also asked the audience whether to bring them up head first or tail first. :S

this sounds really daft but there was this thing on ages ago on tv showing you how to do that trick.And the fish wernt real

Is this the same guy that can swallow sugar followed by a glass of water and then bring the sugar back up dry? I think he brings the water back up too. Or swallow a lightbulb etc...? I think I have seen him do the goldfish trick too.

If it is I remember watching an interview with him years ago on an american talk show. He started swallowing and bringing things back up as a young child. He would go to the store and swallow as much candy as he could. I believe that he has an extra "stomach" for lack of a better word. I believe he can store things in there and i also believe he can manipulate it to bring back anything he wants in any order. This man has been doing this for years, and sometimes when you discover you can do strange things as a child you keep practising to get it perfect, and to get lots of attention of course.

I don't believe he harmed the gold fish in any way. He is amazing to watch. Gotta love people with strange and interesting talents.

The same guy can also swallow a key and a padlock (opened) and a ring, at the same time, and bring them back up with the ring locked around the padlock. They go into his mouth as is, he swallows them really quickly and after a bit brings them back up.

Oh....and the fish are alive...they were happily seimming around the bowl (if that is possible for a bowl that size)....

And yes he does swallow sugar and water and the sugar comes back dry. And he usually starts his shows by swallowing a lightglobe.

The items he swallows are always in his stomach for more than a few seconds....sometimes upto 5 minutes (in the case of the padlock and the ring).....Yes food would enter the sstmach that quick as the journey from the mouth to the stomach via the esophagus is a short/quick one due to the swallowing action.

Angry_Platy said:
The same guy can also swallow a key and a padlock (opened) and a ring, at the same time, and bring them back up with the ring locked around the padlock. They go into his mouth as is, he swallows them really quickly and after a bit brings them back up.

Oh....and the fish are alive...they were happily seimming around the bowl (if that is possible for a bowl that size)....

And yes he does swallow sugar and water and the sugar comes back dry. And he usually starts his shows by swallowing a lightglobe.

The items he swallows are always in his stomach for more than a few seconds....sometimes upto 5 minutes (in the case of the padlock and the ring).....Yes food would enter the sstmach that quick as the journey from the mouth to the stomach via the esophagus is a short/quick one due to the swallowing action.
[snapback]870606[/snapback]​

HEHEHE, the aussie said lightglobe :rofl:

jk :D

Houdini was able to do things like that, I think- swallowing paper clips and a string, and bringing them up linked to the string; that sort of thing. Pretty neat.

I'd be a little grossed out at the thought of swallowing a live fish myself (I can't even swallow oysters, and they don't wiggle!) but as Weaver said, I've heard many far worse instances of animal cruelty, so to hear about a guy bringing a fish out of his throat before it hits his stomach acid, while it does seem unorthodox, is far from brutal by comparison.

Not, though, something I would pay money to go watch :p

I think who ever swallowed them was stupid. I wouldnt eat nothing that is living or raw myself. But I guess I cant really call it wrong because fish gets eat all the time by other fish, so what is wrong with a human eating them alive. But I sure dont like it..

I can't see why the guy really needs to do it with goldfish. It can't be a barrel of laughs for them, and if they're props for an act I can't imagine they're really looked after that great but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Reminds me of the art piece that was a goldfish in a blender, and it was plugged in. All it took was a participant to hit the button and it was murky water all round.

Fella said:
Reminds me of the art piece that was a goldfish in a blender, and it was plugged in. All it took was a participant to hit the button and it was murky water all round.
[snapback]871268[/snapback]​
The idea behind that art piece is that the animal is left in the unpredictable hands of the public -- will people be kind enough to let it live, or cruel enough to push the button? It's anyone's guess. It's pretty much the same as offering up fish for sale to anyone with enough money to purchase them, if you ask me.

It is kinda cool but then it is pretty sick too. I wonder how this bloke found out he could do these stupid tricks... One night, by mistake he swallowed a snooker ball and brought it back up. then thought ''OOH, i'll try it with a fish!!!''. :/

Synirr said:
Fella said:
[snapback]871268[/snapback]​
The idea behind that art piece is that the animal is left in the unpredictable hands of the public -- will people be kind enough to let it live, or cruel enough to push the button? It's anyone's guess. It's pretty much the same as offering up fish for sale to anyone with enough money to purchase them, if you ask me.
[snapback]871603[/snapback]​

I see your point, but I'm pretty sure (even my cynical mind can't stop me) that LFS's don't sell fish just to be whizzed at warp factor 9 in a blender. I'd like to think they have best intentions. :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Back