Malawi Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Wasn't planning on them together. Will just stick with Saulosi then. :) Still thinking of ocean rock though... :ninja:

Wasn't planning on them together. Will just stick with Saulosi then. :) Still thinking of ocean rock though... :ninja:
Depending on the pieces you get, you could make a beautiful tank with ocean rock. My mbuna's favorite spot is a strange looking piece of old live rock that has a bunch of cracks and crevices in it:
photo-1.jpg

If you like ocean rock then go for it, its your tank and your choice mate. :good:

I had a common in there for 2 days. He got torn to shreds. Guess that taught him for being a whimp as he lives with 3 oscars now and hes definatly the boss lol. I dont have any with my mbuna now but i want 1 in there.

I personally love the ocean rock. But I also like alot of the other rocks available.

Here's a pic of mine full of ocean rock, and one large piece of limestone.
The picture isn't the best, sorry.

SL370276.jpg

Nice, thanks. Your frontosa is a beauty!

The blue lemon project uses CAE's I think... Maybe an idea. But I guess that the fish and regular maintenance will be best. Not worried about the rock, just the glass.

What's peoples thoughts on plecs for malawi tanks?

I've read a lot of people have had success keeping BN's in Malawi setups, but doesn't strike me as being a very authentic addition to a Mbuna tank! Not a fan of synos?

Syno Multipunctatus or petricola look nice, want some myself.

Petricola it is then.

What about aulonocara baenschi? How many could I get in there? Maybe as a species tank?

10 to 15 Mate, the only let down is the females are drab, you could have 2 or 3 males in there and they would show well but the females will dominate as far as colour goes in the tank (not showing enough colour kinda thing with there only been 2 or 3 males) You could go an all male tank which could look nice, plus no drab females. Personally i think the saulosi will be your best option mate or 2 species of mbuna, at least then the females are just as nice as the males and the males will display well to the females. :good:

Definitely go for a catfish over a plec. They are so much fun to watch!

Most reactions

Back